"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Getting ready for Fall. Bits of knitting and my Horoscope(s)

Aloha!  The first cool days of Autumn arrived after a rain storm bestowed upon us from across the Wide Blue Pacific from Hawaii. Mahalo!

This usually means a burst of activity known as "Red Flannel Fever"  Everyone wants to fire off the wood in the fireplace that was set up inside it sometime around the end of September.  It's like a good luck charm, and definitely a small offering put out for the cooler atoms to rein supreme in that mix of what we know as the temperature gradient in any cubic meter of atmosphere.  I asked DH if we should put the comforter on the high bed, and he said that we should probably wait until next week.

I think we got about a gallon of rain out of the last storm before it moved on and out onto the Arizona desert.

My horoscope (being in the cusp is handy )says:

"Every endeaver has a cycle, and part of of that cycle is a period of stasis - in other words, break time.  Do not be alarmed by inactivity. Emprace it instead." (goofing off is good for me sometimes?) 

  ... and this..

"There is a formula to follow to get the results you desire. It will help you to learn or remember it now.  Eventually, you will do more than follow the formula: you will rise above it."  (This sounds like fran's ten minute rule to me, eh?)

I've been reading, knitting a teeny bit in the blissful coolness, and making arrangements of flowers and a wreath for Autumn.  This means a trip or two, but I have enough leaves to outfit a seven foot tall maple tree!  So, I must buy mums and spikey stuff.  Our local trees don't turn color - nor do they drop their leaves - until around Christmas.  Therefore, we in SoCal buy silk.  There is no other choice, especially when red flannel fever strikes. 

I found a small bag of two hanks of Persian wool buried underneath all the stems on the wicker chair this morning.  I think I'll make a nice warm hat for DH if it measures out to be enough.  He likes wooly hats.  He'd like his Manly/Beastly sweater, too!  They will match.  I still have to remember how to knit the flat part of the top of DH's sweater, the front and back parts above the circular knitting.  I cannot remember how to do it. 

80º weather again today.  At least it isn't 105 now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..