"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday Tails:Wolfie to the vet/ Dachshund to the rescue. Knitting content..

Poodles and Shih Tzu's can have dry eyes.  They have big, forward-facing, and expressive brown eyes that take in every move and every nuance of a person's body language.  Therefore, when one of those big brown eyes is half way closed, as in a wince,  a pet lover takes notice!  One of Wolfie's Baby Browns was wonky.

So, off he went to his vet.  The test was for tear production;  one eye produced the required 20+ tear drops, measured by an absorbing strip of something looking like litmus paper, and the wonky, wincing eye only managed 10.   So, he's got a very dry eye.   He is now, back home, getting goop in his eye three times a day for a week, and then he'll be checked again in a week when the antibiotic has done it's work.

Wolf is so sweet.  This afternoon, when I threw myself on the bed in tears, having seen a pet rescue site with not one, but two, white ShiPoos in imminent danger of the dreaded euthanasia,  Wolfie tore into the bedroom, lept up on the bed, and snuggled right up against me.  I came back in and put up a button for RescueMe.Org, and vowed to find out a LOT more about fostering animals.

And now, about that Dachshund  It's a very sweet story, and maybe you didn't see it.    Some big hearted person was able to adopt them both!

I still want one of these: 
Can you blame me?
  Or a White one.


Knitting report:  After an epic wrestling match with size three needles and worsening myopia, I've succeeded in picking up all 211 stitches, in that splitty and lumpy Noro- I've grown to HATE Noro and will probably never use it again - yarn.   The kid picked the yarn, and it is beautiful.

It wasn't going at all well last night, so with fresh eyes, an Optivisor, and a ton of GRIT, I managed to lasso the stitches onto the needles.  GAD!  Do any of you remember discussions on Knitter's Review about whether or not it was cool to find that you'd knit your own hair into a sweater?  Well, I think some of Noro's hair - and maybe even the dust from the workroom floor - is in that yarn.

There was a story going around the weaver's guilds of a woman who won a weaving contest with yarns she'd made from what she'd swept off her workroom floor.  I believe it's probably true, too!  So, apologies to Noro if that's not the case, and probably isn't, but I'm glad to be done wrangling his yarn for awhile.  I still have to stitch up the sleeves and put them onto the body.  Hopefully there won't be any new problems.





4 comments:

  1. I remember that story about the weaver. It was a beautiful piece.
    I hope Wolfie's eye heals quickly. I have very dry eyes myself, and it makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! It seems that Google is so screwed up that I can't even comment on my own blog because I CANNOT LOG INTO IT!

    So, I started a Wordpress blog so that I can! Go Wordpress! Go to Hell Google! But I digress. k, thank you for your kind thoughts for Wolfie. He seems to be getting used to having his eye goop in his sore eye, and probably because it makes it feel better. Poor little Fellow! Sorry you also have dry eyes. I had a retina detach because an eye got dry inside, so be sure to drink plenty of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how to knit. And while I want to learn, I don't want to take the TIME to learn! HAHAHAHA....too much other crap to do! Plus, my dogs would just steal my blankets turning them into doghair laden throws...which is just no good. :)

    I'm glad your poochiekins eye is getting better. I hate when fur babies aren't doing so bueno!

    I've been reading report after report on facebook of asshats leaving their dogs out there in these NEGATIVE temperatures to freeze to death.... WHO DOES THAT?!?!??!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, April, I am shocked that people who can know it's too cold for themselves outside wouldn't bring pets in or at least shelter them better in the garage! Asshats indeed! Idiots who shouldn't even be trusted with their own children, that's who does stuff like that! Mon Dieu, and Merde!

    Wolfie finally got his new med today, and it looks like it will be working. Plus I have the go ahead to put my own drops for dry eyes in his every hour. He should be a lot more comfortable now. I used to tape my eye shut but that aintagonna work with the fur beast. Super glue? hehe just kidding!

    You could learn to knit be going to knit night at a local knitting store. There is good company and everyone will love to teach you to knit. Check out Knitter's Review and also Ravelry as they are both sources of good advice and some free patterns. But I understand about two much other crap to do. I was a very busy mother for a lot of years. I'll go give the asshats trouble in Facebook, start an account just to do it! Double dumb asses.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..