"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday5

I can't find the updated Five Minute Friday meme, so it's either me, and I hope it is, or something's wrong over there.

Friday 5

putting your neurons in motion since 2006

Friday 5 for February 7: Like Family, Part 2

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website.


So, Let's just do The Friday 5:

In what good ways are you like your father?  Only one way am I like my him, because my father was not a good role model.  He was a lousy provider and a brutal man.  But he had a facility for learning languages.  It was from him I got this ability.  Well, he taught me to build houses.  I never got to use the skill, but I still use my hammer now and again.

In what good ways are you like your mother?  My mother was a hard working, patient person who always did her best.  She could do everything with food, grow it, preserve it, and cook it deliciously.  She keep a huge garden, tended fruit and nut trees, and grew every flower imaginable, too.   She raised rabbits, chickens, and ducks for meat and eggs.  Mother would have walked through FIRE for her children, and we knew it.

She was a farm girl, and though I've never been that in adult life, I would have done, and gladly.  It's a great way of life.  I am a good cook and was a good gardener until my body gave out.  Mother also was a seamstress and made all my clothes until I was old enough to take over.  I learned these skills from her.  I loved my children as fiercely as she did hers.

In what good ways are you like your sibling(s)?
We all love to laugh.  We always have been this way.  We get together and we laugh a lot!  We do a little teasing but nothing mean.

In what good ways are you like another relative outside your immediate family?
My mother's father.  He would sit with all his little grandkids arranged on the floor at his feet, after supper, playing his guitar and singing with us.  He and Grandmother both had beautiful voices, and they taught us old English ballads and cowboy songs; in the course of  their doing this, we all learned to sing well, and he taught me the love of music.  I also play guitar.

In what good ways are you completely unlike anyone you’re related to?  Good ways? Everyone? I live as completely truthful and as unprejudiced as I can possibly live, and I'm dedicated to these principles.  That is not to say that everyone else I'm related to doesn't, but some don't/didn't.  As for prejudice: mostly that is a generational thing.  That's true for most families. 

Edited to correct some awful spellings,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..