"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday, Spring, Amy Tan, Wolfie update, "Food Fight" Doc.

I'm really grateful and so very thankful for the rain!!!!  Mr. Z just came in and said that it's sprinkling- he hates to walk the dog in rain.  And here am I, hoping we will get a lot more!  Wolfie hates rain but learned, in his wild days, to go out afterward and lick the dew or raindrops off of the weeds and grasses, which he continues to do on his walks with his Poppa.

At least we are both rejoicing that the refrigerator DID mend itself after Mr. Z twiddled with a fan in the back and vacuumed everything back there to within an inch of it's tolerance.  And, I can report that Wolfie's eye is on the mend and doing so well that he is keeping it open a lot more.   My two favorite machines are sewing machines and airplanes, but the refrigerator is a very close third.

I'm thankful for Amy Tan, and the fact that she wrote her memoirs - of sorts.

Please forgive the bad picture
I've finally set aside the Elizabeth George novel because it took me to page 280 to start caring about anyone other than Barbara Havers and the little kids.  Amy Tan's memoirs are infinitely more interesting to read and her book doesn't require an entire page cheat-sheet for characters within it's covers.

Our harbinger of Spring is Blooming, all over the county.  And I am VERY thankful indeed for this!

I tried to push that van out of the way with my mind,
but, alas, then my brain quit working.
The Carolina Cherries are in bloom or are in leaf.  Now, we Californians are all hoping that the snow pack in the Sierras is growing, though it is going to be very hard to keep it from melting should a warm breeze start out a month from now.   My heart goes out to all the farmers who grow fruits and vegetables for farmer's markets.  The big boys, who get all 90% of the Farm Subsidy Payments, are always OK.  Their "Hand Maidens" in Congress see to that every few years.

A shout out to Rep. Ron Kind, who works so hard to change this iniquity.  I've seen,  "Food Fight" and know what you are up against.

I also spied some Orchid Trees (va: Bauhinia purporae) blooming but they were going by about 65 miles an hour, and I couldn't get a snap.

So, I hope you will all be encouraged by this Springtime wave that is starting to the south west of you.  Let's just forget about Florida because they never seem to have any winter at all.

Yesterday at my sister's house, I took the knitting but there is no light like a headlamp for sewing up tiny stitches.  So, I didn't get anything accomplished other than having a meal with my sister, and afterward sitting around having a long chinwag, all of which is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..