"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday 5 fun. Cat got your tongue?

Friday 5 for March 21: Nature

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!


   1When did you most recently feel like a salmon swimming upstream?

This last three weeks have been rough.  I've been sick, and thought I was going to have serious problems-caused by a new medicine that messes with the pancreas.  Still having little twinges.  So I've been swimming against the currents all this time.  I think the worst is over,  Wheww!

    2. When did you most recently feel like a sheep following the herd?

The Flock?  Too be honest, I never feel this way.  Never have.  I admit to following the flock for a short time when the kids seemed like they were suffering from my slight eccentricity but that didn't last.  They learned not to follow the herd, too.  I am my own person. and so are they.
 
    3. When did you most recently feel like a dog whose bark is worse than its bite?

I'm just not a "biter" or a" barker" in real life.  I dislike conflict and "noise".  I don't mind tilting at windmills in this blog, however.

    4. When did you most recently feel like the cat whom curiosity killed?  These questions are all quite cute, you know?

Let's see, I'm a very curious person, and so very much like to find out things and solve mysteries.  The last time it got me into trouble was on  a Thanksgiving night after dinner.  My sister and I heard a noise outside the back slider.  I jumped up, saying excitedly, "That must be the cute, little possum who comes to eat the cat's food!"  Well, it wasn't.  The huge German Shepherd who lived at the house behind us, still crouched in the corner, had jumped the fence.  When we dashed out he was absolutely terrified and so were we!

We both screamed and he bounded off, the whole length of the yard. He leapt the other end of the fence, which wasn't as much of a hill.  Our husbands had come rushing to our aide but they also helped to scare the poor dog out of it's wits.    He was young and sweet so he was no match for two screaming women and their mates!  He knew flight was his only option because there is a great big hill in this corner he'd just jumped. 

    5. When did you last keep the hours of a night owl?  

Three or so weeks ago I had to give up "the good life" and set the alarm.  I haven't been a night owl since then.  Now I wake up before 6am and fall asleep at 11 or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..