"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tiny Rare Butterflies- it is good to know they are around.

Hundreds of these little fellows, they are only one and a half inches big, flew over our part of San Diego today.  I got some terrible pictures, two of which are here:

Flutterby and it was really hauling buns
Another LINK to the Xerces Society page ..

Three, marked with an arrow tip, near the end of the mass.
From visuals and the fact of where they were headed to, something that I won't share here, they have a home they have found with plenty of eats.  I wish them God Speed and Blessings, because they are extremely rare butterflies.   I had seen a single one in the garden a couple of days ago, and it was really moving through at a fast pace - alighting nowhere.  If I hadn't seen that one butterfly, I would have thought them to be Skippers.  No skipper flies this high or en mass like these were doing.

This is what they eat, Spiny Redberry.

2 comments:

  1. Helena, they are so little and can fly so fast! I will never forget this migration!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..