"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Five Minutes - "gather".... And, the fun friday5!

The rules for  the Five Minute Friday Meme are in the side bar under Meme's.  It a big, bold button. The actual link up is under the "Home" button at Kate's blog.

We have a prompt word, and write flat out for five minutes, in "stream of consciousness" fashion, not fretting about punctuation or even grammar, ala Jack Kerouac. It's fun and freeing, and sometimes you have a lot to say in five minutes and  sometimes, not so much.

This week it's not so much for me.

Gather:

I am comforted to know that, all over the Earth, Quakers gather, in Silent Service, at their respective Meeting Houses, to listen to the leadings of the small,still voice inside their hearts, for guidance.  the beauty of this is that an amazing thing happens.  some one will sometimes stand to speak, having been lead by the Holy Spirit, to talk on a a subject that answers a need in another person.  I've been there so many times when this has actually happened to me or for a problem for a friend, that I am solidly and firmly entranced by the power that dwells in us to reach into each others hearts, and heal them.  stop

I am pecking away on the netbook's little key board or I would have shared more.

-----------------

And now for something completely different

The famous and long running ...friday5!

Friday 5 for March 6: Take Me to the Old Playground

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

Before we begin, I’d like to say that I usually give everything a very careful proof-reading before I publish these questions. The consistent quality and originality of my work here is of utmost importance to me. So do me a favor, and if I leave a word out of a question (as I did last week!), would you please insert it when you post the questions to your blog? Gr! I mean thanks!

1.How confidently could you pick up and employ a jump rope, hula hoop. Yoyo, and set of jacks?  I can't jump rope anymore, but my mother's Great, Great, Aunt Emily could jump rope with my mother and her sisters when she was over ninety.  You just can't beat a Mountainy Gal for Spry! Hula hoops, I just can't do anymore.  But I can still work a Yoyo fairly well, and play jacks. Interestingly, I just came across my own mother's jacks and little ball that she used to play jacks with my own girls.  She kept them in a tobacco bag-the little white cotton type.  I'll take a picture tomorrow to share here.

2. How are the playgrounds of your childhood different today?  Playgrounds are more colorful, the slides are a lot more fun, and playgrounds are just a whole LOT safer for the kids.  I still like our old swings better though because you could really get them up HIGH!!!

3. What’s a game you and your childhood friends made up, or what’s a rule you and your childhood friends made up that made an existing game more interesting or less likely to cause a fight?  I honestly can't remember any game we made up by ourselves, but our teachers would introduce new games from time to time.  Those are the only ones we played because recess was usually so blasted short!

4. What fad from your childhood do you remember with fondness or disdain?  Fads for girls were mostly clothes- dresses as we weren't allowed to wear jeans,pants, or shorts,  I loved polka dots. they were a fad item.  I still like polka dots.  And, then there were hair styles.  There was one style I found loathsome, and that was one that consisted of a roll of hair down each side of the head with long hair falling into a long V shape down the back, also rolled on the edge.  Creepy!  I Hated it!  Now, ponytails I really liked but hated that other.

5. What playground rhymes do you remember? Miss Mary Mac,  A Sailor went to SeaSeaSea,  I am a Little Dutch Girl, and 3 6 9 the Goose Drank wine.  There's another one that I've lately learned was really about the influenza epidemic of 1918.  But I can't remember what it's called.

Thanks for participating, and have a lovely weekend!



4 comments:

  1. Community is beautiful and can be so healing...blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we need community. It is how we heal, and how we help others. Blessings to you and wishing you a happy week to come.

      Delete
  2. It is amazing how the Holy Spirit can inspire someone with just the right words to help us find healing and peace, isn't it? Thank you for your lovely comment on my FMF post. God bless you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, and God Bless you, too, Momma! I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..