"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday5: Goings On, but firstly, a Skywatcher post: Sunrise on Wednesday

When I woke at around 5am, I looked out toward the north and all was gray.  Then, over the half hour or so, the sky lightened.  The first pink started to arise in the small drift clouds seen from my bedroom window.
So, determined to capture what might be a sweet looking sunrise, I got the camera ready very quickly, and trotted out to the raised bed, which is about three feet higher in places than the house.  It is an excellent "altitude" from which to catch sunrises.  The cool air felt wonderful to be out in, and the sweet air that early in the morning sets a very pleasant tone for the day.  It was still the coolest part of this new day, and long before what was to be a high of 95°F at about Noon.

This was the perfect time for feeling thankful and rejoicing in beauty!

Make this Puppy BIG!
And now for Friday5!

Friday 5 for October 16: Goings On

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these question to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

Thanks for participating, and have a splendid, healthy weekend!

What’s an issue you wish more people knew about?
The meat dog trade in Korea, China and indeed many parts of Asia.  There were people caught and punished in our country, and if memory serves, in my city,  for carrying on that odious habit.  Like dog fighting, it's hateful to me.  I hope that it can be stopped! 

When were you last outraged about something?
Outrage?  See above.  I'm boycotting ANYTHING made in those countries until that trade is stopped!  I thought I'd like a new Hyundai  until I learned about what's going on in Korea.  Yes, I feel that strongly about the issue.  To be fair, many who do this in Korea are trying to stop it, and they are getting help from the international branch of the Humane Society to do it.  The people who are trying to stop, because they actually hate what they have been having to do, are getting assistance to switch to growing food for the markets.

When you were a kid, what was the first news story to make an impression on you?

When toddler Kathy Fiscus fell down an abandoned deep well.  I didn't realize how close this sad event was occurring to where we were living at the time.  My parents sat for entire evenings just listening to the radio, and of course, so did I.

 What’s getting far too much media attention lately?
"The Donald."  Oh UGH!

What’s a consumer product you’d recommend to others?
I would recommend the Otter Box for cell phones.  It's been great!  And, it comes in two shades of Pink!  It probably comes from China or Korea.  Dang!  I forgot to check!

Thanks for participating, and have a splendid, healthy weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..