"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thankful Thursday: I'm grateful for the amazing tiny moments Butterflies provide ..

Firstly, the picture yesterday was of a bloom on a black sage bush at the Nature Interpretive Garden a couple years ago.

Yesterday, while I was watching a Cloudless Sulphur butterfly flitting in the garden, I saw it make a maneuver I've never seen.  It was swooping all over the rose bed, which is now into dormancy, and as the butterfly went low across the raised bed, it suddenly swooped up and nearly disappeared in the foliage.  It disappeared mid flight!

If I hadn't seen it do this, I'd have never known where they must all try to go at night to roost.  Last year, we had another butterfly roosting, a Gulf Fritillary, which happily settled into the massive Geranium that is growing just below the roses in the pictures.  It roosted there for almost two weeks.

But, back to the Sulphur....

What garden bed looks like from where I was watching, inside the house.
And then:
In a little more...
And....
Nearly right in the center, you can see a
 Butterfly hanging like a dead rose leaf.
It's these beautiful little secret things that make life on earth so very interesting and Beautiful.
Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..