"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Crabby Foot day


This is a pretty picture of a hard working little native plant called Monkey Flower.  It has now been Hybridized, and is found in other colors, but this one grows in the wild-lands all over California where there is enough water for it to survive.

About today,  I'll just say two things:  I'm delighted and grateful to be surrounded by beauty in the natural world, walking in it every day, and I'm grateful for being of the human species, and having color vision.

There is an old Buddhist, Mongolian, story about pouring rice grains over the tip of a needle, and having one single grain stay there, balanced.  That is just how rare it is to be born a human.  So, if this is true, I'm grateful for just having the chance to sit up and look around at this world with these wonderful human eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice story, food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. Wild flowers are so great! Wishing you a happy weekend, since it's started for you.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..