"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

"Forever": a poem.

I'm grateful for being able to write, and to enjoy, poetry.

My Poem?

Yes, it is.  I found it...  HERE for NaPoWriMo

"Forever"

In the Heart of my eyes,
An Immortal Being no longer close to death,
And with no disguise.
You climb towards your invisible sun.
To live there, forever, alive.

Posted to my blog on 4/23/2012 Monday 3:06 PM

Written for my mother, and now dedicated to my eldest daughter, who died a week ago today.

Laura battled it right up until her last breathe, this un-decorated but recognized genius, using her intellect and amazing analitical mind to the end.  We will miss her for the rest of our existence.  Rest in Peace, our beautiful girl.


5 comments:

  1. OMG - Zippi - I'm devastated to read this. I know there are no words of comfort that will lessen your pain. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, consider yourself hugged and held and hugged again.
    May God grant you the strength to get through this.

    I share with you an anonymous poem which I included in my Mom's eulogy - though it did make me cry, it also helped me.

    "You can shed tears that she is gone,
    or you can smile because she has lived.
    You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
    or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

    Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
    or you can be full of the love you shared.

    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
    or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

    You can remember her and only that she's gone,
    or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

    You can cry and close your mind,
    be empty and turn your back
    or you can do what she'd want:
    smile, open your eyes, love, and go on."

    Love and hugs for you, Lella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the lovely poem. It did help to read it. So thank you for the comfort, too. Take care, Tati. I'll be back someday and may always post a picture on Wednesday, as Laura loved beautiful places and flowers.

      Delete
  2. Thanks you shortybear, and I wish you every bit of good luck in the Universe for yourself, too. Stay strong! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zippi! I missed this! I am so sorry! I know that your heart is full of grief right now. And will be forever!! I was thinking of you a few days ago and wondering how things were going. Today's post caused me to dig a little further back. I am just so sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, My heart is, and it's likely to always be.

    Thanks for thinking of our family. This has been one hell of a three months. We are still learning how to navigate this new reality, just as you had to. BIG HUGS to your family.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..