June 25, 2016
The King of the Beasts Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes (or surveys) from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
We Found this gem on a site called “Deviant Art”. It seems to be a blog network for people who think they create art. We stole it from a lady whose handle is Nanacat36. She stated she stole it from EternalWhiteSkies. But that’s as far as we go. Tracing a meme back to its author takes more time than I care to give. It was original 50 questions but it was obviously written by a student. So we cut it and have and changed some questions to be closer to our age group.
Sunday Stealing: The King of the Beasts Meme
1. Would you post a picture of you for us?
A. I have some pictures on my blog, but don't remember where they are.
|Gee and Me|
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
Gee, I don't think so. I'm geriatric enough to want that person to be an EMT, for goodness sakes.
3. Do you prefer to work with women or men? Why?
A. I really have no preference. Men and women bosses I've had have been great with the exception of one absolute TERROR that was a manager at a big local yarn shop. She was a dragon, a smiler with a knife who liked to take out her unhappiness about the hand she'd been dealt in life on anyone in an inferior position to herself. Only one bad boss in about ten. Not so bad at all!
4. Do you have any opposite sex friends?
A. I used to have scads! Now practically all my male buddies are dead and their wives as well!
5. Can you commit to one person?
A. Absolutely. I made that commitment back in 1963. It's been the best thing I ever did in life. I don't know about poor DH but I'm quite happy about it all, even with the terrible pain of losing our first child this month. What if we'd never met? None of our children, who are wonderful people, would have existed at all.
6. If you’re married or in a relationship have you ever been tempted to cheat?
A. No. I've actually adored one other man and thought the world of him but he was never a danger to my marriage. It was a spiritual connection, sort of like to a pastor who is just a great, great guy. I hope I've explained this well.
7. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2018?
A. It already has. This is a whole new uncharted country I am inhabiting. I'm just living day by day and learning the way. It's what everyone before me has had to do, and everyone after, too. Painful, yes,
8. If the person you are interested in says they like someone else, what would try to sway them?
A. Id suggest a little bungie jumping to sort of let them know I cared. Not exactly swaying but a whole lot of Banzai screaming, I bet.
9. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
I kid you not, I am a Ninja.
11. When was the last time you cried?
Around dinner time.
12. Have you ever fell for someone you didn’t expect to?
A. I really fell hard in High School for a football and basketball player, all 6'7" of him. He was a redhead, good student, and lovely. I, a bookish nerdly girl, didn't stand the chance of an icecube in hell with this guy. But later, he tried to get my attention. However, in JC, I was dark, dark, dark at that time of life. Very Ninja.
13. What is something you have to do tomorrow?
A. Wake up. Sit up, eat, and work puzzles and read the rest of the Sunday Thieves treasure troves.
14. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
A. Well, it's a little late in the day for that, since it's 10:30. I guess I've had a pretty good day because this morning, my lips moved all by themselves. Poltergeist, you know. Think I'm kidding? I'm not.
15. Have you ever wanted more from one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
No, unless it would be to have some more of John's Sphere's but I have three.
16. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
Yes, I VERY much want a housekeeper but it's a no go. I need help cleaning out this place!
17. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
A. Mr. Z. We said, "Good Night".
18. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
A. That would be my hubster, Mr. Z.
19. When was the last time that you were jealous in a romance situation?
When a tall blonde nordic type female came and took over the whole entire student body in 11th grade. That was the end of any chance I had with my dreamy basketball player.
20. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
A. Deleting wouldn't solve any problem. Actually freeze frame and rewind two years would be the best way of dealing with this hell we just went through. I would make sure that my daughter didn't struggle with indifferent healthcare and jerks for doctors. I would have paid her bills for a test that would have saved her life.
21. Did you have a good day yesterday? What did you do?
A. I had a terrible day yesterday. I'm glad the d*mn thing is over. Today was MUCH MUCH better.
Thank you Holy Spirit!
22. If a person you had wished you could have a relationship with for a long time and you suddenly found yourself together alone, what would you be doing right now?
A. Neither of us would recognize the other, or shall we say, I would but he wouldn't. I content myself that I've had the life I was meant to have since 1963 at keast, and the rest just wouldn't matter.
23. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
A. All the freaking time. All the time.
24. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
A. He was, in his day, a very gorgeous guy. Now, he still is a gorgeous guy who looks like Saint Nicholas.
25. Is your life anything like it was two years ago? Is it a good or bad thing?
A. I'm doing alright. I want for nothing. And that's a good thing. No, Martha, you didn't invent that saying.
Thanks for doing this meme for us every Sunday. It is a thing of beauty. Thank you, KwizGiver!