Take My Breath Away
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Take My Breath Away (1996)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) When were you last breathless?
The last time I was utterly stunned by Life, with it's huge talons, fierce beak, and irrevocable reach.
2) This is the love theme from Top Gun, and the romance was between a pilot and his instructor. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
All the girls in my group had a terrible crush on our senior year and new-to-the-school American History teacher. I remember all of us giggling after he had sailed by us and said "Hi". Ah, Schoolgirl crushes.
3) The pilots in Top Gun all had cool nicknames -- including Maverick, Goose, Merlin, Cougar and Stinger. Give yourself a cool pilot name.
I like "Stingray". My trainer called me something like: Crouching Turtle, Hidden Flower as a joke to remind me to stand up straight. But that's a bit long.
4) The actress who played the instructor, Kelly McGillis, owns Kelly's Caribbean Bar/Grill and Brewery in Key West. It's known for its cheese and beer dip appetizer, served with warm pretzels. What's one of your favorite between meal snacks?
Sorry to be boring but I've had a life long weakness for Ruffles style potato chips. And then I met Mr. Salt and Vinegar. So they are kind of going "head to head" at the moment.
5) The group who recorded this week's song is called Berlin, but they're really from Southern California. Have you ever been to Berlin? How about Southern California?
Not Berlin and not to say I couldn't live there because I could. I've practically never been OUT of SoCal. I love, and always have, Central and Northern California the best, but San Diego isn't too bad.
6) Lead singer Terri Nunn has a weekly radio show, Unbound on KCSN. How often do you listen to the radio? Do you tune in for music, comedy, news or talk?
I now almost never listen to radio. I like my music to be uninterrupted these days, and I never did like talk radio other than NPR. I like my news unslanted. Having said that, I loved to listen to Car Talk, aka, "Click and Clack". Back when cars still had carburetors, it was quite a lovely thing to me.
7) In 1986, when this song was popular, PeeWee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, PeeWee Herman's show had many, many adult viewers. Do you watch still watch any kid's shows?
I like the full length cartoons, like "Home" and "Brave" etc. But no, we have no little ones around so have moved on from all those Teddy bear things. Speaking of Teddy Bears made me remember "Monsters,Inc". Very cute, that one.
8) Robert Pattinson, the actor who played Edward the vampire in the Twilight series, was born in 1986. Have you read the Twilight books? Seen the movies?
No and No. The only thing remotely about vampires I've watched is "Shawn of the Dead." That is screamingly funny.
9) Random question: In an alternate universe, which of these professions would you like to find yourself in -- United States senator, Ivy League professor, or imminent psychiatrist?
Nix to the first, for powerlessness unless you want to be "allowed" to stay in office, the catch being that you have to break rules for your Puppet Masters, with few notable exceptions.
And, "No" to Ivy League professor, as there is too much political crap going on to get or keep grants, or being passed over to full prof because you are a woman. Oh wait, I could be a guy! Ok then on that one, but only "JUST".
Also, I don't ever want to be the last one, or be delving into the heads of other people. So few psychiatrists actually help, certainly not the ones I know of. There are always good eggs, though, who do. And then, there is Dr. Strangelove. Scary dude but of course only psychotic and not a psychiatrist at all. You will note that the page that goes to was written by someone who signed off as B.S. Lol
Back to topic: May I just be a portrait painter or maybe a potter, or pro-bono attorney? I could do any of those if I had rich - as in filthy rich (and then I probably wouldn't even want to know them) parents. Can I have mildly rich parents in this alternate universe?
Is that five minutes of free range typing or what?
Come on over, see the Linkie, and join in maybe, HERE.