"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Friday5: But first, an article by Stephen Hawking.

Stephen Hawking is a brilliant man and very analytical about every topic he decides to expound upon.  For this reason I have complete respect for his insights and wish to share them.  This is not politics anymore.  It's about human rights or the fix we are in.........

HERE is the link to the Article, This is The Most Dangerous Time for Our Planet", at The Guardian. These dangers he sees in the latest political trends.  It's got nothing to do with politics, but everything to do with the survival of the the planet, more specifically, the biosphere, where everything is living.

New on to friday5.

Friday 5 for December 2: Celluloid Heroes


Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5!  Please copy these questions to your webspace.  Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below, so we’ll all know where to check out your responses.  Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

1. What movie most recently impressed you with its score or soundtrack?
I haven't watched a new movie in months.  Sorry, I can't remember the soundtrack of "The Revenant", which was the last newish movie I watched.  Thinkingggg.....  "Chicago"!  I think it's the best thing I've ever seen in recent memory for soundtrack and just oodles of things.



2. What movie most recently impressed you with its costumes or makeup?
"The Revenant"  It was fantastic.  It took you right back to the horror days of the western expansion.  It's not pretty at all.  

3. What movie most recently impressed you with its scenic backdrops?
The only scenic backdrops that impress me are the ones at the Opera.

4. What movie most recently impressed you with its originality?
"The Revenant".  Yes, but it was totally engrossing.  Deadly for nightmares but engrossing.

5. What movie most recently impressed you with its dialogue?
Well, there wasn't much of it in "Revenant", so I'd have to say it was "Much Ado About Nothing" with Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson.  I try to watch that at least once every five years.  I love it.  It really is fun.

Thanks for participating, and have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen The Revenant. I admire DiCaprio, but this one just didn't have any appeal to me for some reason. Maybe I'll bump it up in the queue. :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And hope you do as well. ;)
    About The Revenant: You may not like it. I thought it was very authentic but it's still terrible and harsh. DiCaprio did a magnificent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw "The Revenant" this past week on streaming. Good movie. Beautiful scenery. Sparse dialogue at the beginning. Native Americans, murder, kidnapping, survival, action, vengence... yeah.. what's not to like? Not a big DiCaprio fan, but he was good in this one. Yep... costumes were tattered "chic" circa... 1820 wilderness... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol yes, what's not to love? "The Revenant" is going to be one of the best movies I've ever seen if there's ever a list made. 👍

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..