"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, January 26, 2017

I really should be knitting, but......

This seems to be an excellent time to look back on illustrious men, one the son of an illustrious father, and an ardent, Abolitionist mother, Amelia Lee Jackson.

 "....we should be eternally vigilant against attempts to check the expression of opinions that we loathe and believe to be fraught with death."  Oliver Wendell Holmes.

This quote shared at Country Dew's blog,  Blue Country Magic   I grabbed it!
Cheers for all us thieves!

Such an old saw could cut both ways, however, it's spoken by a Chief Justice, and could serve as a warning to any jumped up illiterate in public office. ⚡️🤡🌪⚠️

Atlantic Article

The Oliver Wendell Holmes's, Jr. and Sr., have always fascinated me.  We share some common ancestry through my maternal great grandmother, via England.
This is so my kids will know, since their mother never told them. Also, with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, haste seems now to be logical.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..