Go to HERE to listen to the song.
Alone again, Naturally1. Friday was St. Patrick's Day, March 17th! Did you celebrate with green beer or a green milkshake?
No, actually. I didn't. I'm only 1/8th Irish and Mr. Z is 1/4th, so our kids may be more or something - how ever it works. Elle had dark green eyes that were getting lighter green. Bee has green/golden eyes and red hair, and the twins have green eyes and red hair. Some of my cousins were red headed, so I feel lucky, indeed, to have had light eyed kids.
2. Did you remember to wear green?
Sorry, no. I did not.
3. What color do you look best in?
4. This week's featured artist, Gilbert O'Sullivan, was born in Waterford, Ireland. Waterford is famous for Waterford Crystal. Do you have glassware that you save for special occasions?
Yes, but no Waterford. Think: Green Stamps..... who remembers those?
5. This week's featured song includes the line, "To think that only yesterday I was cheerful, bright and gay." How were you feeling yesterday?
Tentative. I just found out some stuff that makes it seem like the World is sitting on a powder keg.
6. It begins with reference to a wedding that didn't quite come off because the bride left the groom at the altar. When were you most recently at church? Was it for a holiday service, a regularly scheduled service, a special event (a wedding or baptism)?
A Church, church? Four decades ago. When the two older daughters were in pre-teens. It was a debacle, as women were never, EVER, to speak in this church. I have never wanted to go to another church, church again, and just went back to my Quaker roots.
7. In 1971, when this song was popular, Malibu Barbie was a big seller for Mattel. This doll had a perpetual tan. For a human to achieve this, a tanning bed or self tanner is usually required. Have you used either method to give yourself a tan?
No, I haven't. But all my Human "toons"in our MPOLG have great tans! Very dark. I don't tan easily.
8. In March, 1971, James Taylor appeared on the cover of TIME magazine. What's your favorite James Taylor song?
There are so many but I'll pick this one........
"Ain't it good to know that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them, oh yeah, don't you let 'em"
9. Random Question: What word or phrase do you hear yourself saying too often?
"Oh, Please God, help us."
Want to join in the fun? Just go HERE plus you can see the other participants' offerings.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!