"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, December 18, 2017

What I'm planning on reading for the next few months...

Mr.Z bought five books, four of them pour moi, at the Library sale.  It is a great Birthday Prezzie!  I was thrilled..

I'm starting with the book from Maeve Binchy. 

I just finished a book called, Sisters One, Two, Three.
I did like it but getting my head around the first few chapters was hard.  I couldn't decide whether I liked the mother or thought she was just a selfish jerk.  I don't like reading unsettling family dynamics novels where one of the parents is a narcissistic jackass.  There's just too much of that going around these days.

After Heart and Soul  I plan to read The top book, all of this series is a delight to read and Christmas is just around the corner.....

But, only in the middle of Spring will I tackle  Barkskins.  I do love Annie Proulx but most of her stuff is on the dark side.  I think this book is about the North American Environment in the days right after white Europeans arrived, and how it's been abused by them as they took down the paradise of North America and proceeded to "skin it alive". (my words, not hers.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..