Readers: Want to see other entries? Go here.. It's a fun meme; you also might like to join in.
Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There (Theme from Monk) (2003)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan? No. And that's not because I knew about and rejected it. I'm going to look for it... I love this actor to bits. (I just found out that Netflix took it down. CrastaFingle!)
2) The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter? We have a Britta, and we have an air filter on the furnace/AC unit which circulates air any old time.
3) The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come? Let's see.... do I take things as they come? Well, I used to think the future was bright. But, over time, I lost that illusion. Now I'm just a Watcher. It's just not possible to worry about any of this anymore.
4) TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes?
I believe that I've read them all, and some more than once.
5) Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot?
I have all my mother's Agatha Christie's and have read them, so yes, I've read Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot mysteries. I love them. ❤️❤️❤️
6) This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques?
Mr. Z and I shared a Rockhound of the Year award, and a plaque, one year.
I also have my referee's whistle which was a prize for becoming a certified Basketball referee in high school. Trophies weren't given out that much back in my HS days.
7) Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser?
Yes.. I've lost enough to get lots of practice in gracefully losing. Besides, no one likes a sore loser. Well, maybe mean people who live to pick on others love them. Another scorn target?
8) In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you? From a very young age, my heroes have been firefighters. The reason being that I watched a neighbor's farm house burn down when I was five, and I watched the firemen trying to save it.
So, no, I can't think of a single firefighter who was a disappointment.
They are, to me, the bravest people on the planet.
|c/o Jeff Hall from CalFire|
A taco, please. Thanks!
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!