"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Sunday Stealing... Never Been Asked Before.....

Never Been Asked Before



Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World"

. . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This
feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!












Stolen from Mosher’s Unimaginatively Edited Blog


1. First thing you wash in the shower?
My face.

2. What colour is your favourite hoodie?
It's A sagey brown.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
How fun.  Yes, I  would.
4. Do you plan outfits?
I used to.  Not much anymore.  

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
Emotionally I am subdued, mentally I'm engaged, and physically, I've been better.

6. What’s the closest thing to you that's red?
My Random House Webster's Dictionary jacket.  Talk about a Dyno....

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I was being told something by a mentor that comforted me; so when I woke up, I wrote it down.

8. Did you meet anybody new today?
No.

9. What are you craving right now?
I'd like another piece of chocolate but I'm not going to get up and get it.

10. Do you floss?
Usually.  Thanks for the reminder......  

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
Eating

12. Are you emotional?
Usually no.  I let myself get emotional over some things, but have learned to just let people and events go by without reacting.  

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
When I was a kid, yes.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I'm trying to decide if you mean "bar".  Yes to that one, cone, no.  Dish of well,  sort of...

15. Do you like your hair?
Not really anymore.  It used to be thick and curly. Now it's thin, ugly, and curly.  But I've found that if I pile it on top of my head right after I wash it and leave it there, it makes a sort of half ways decent messy bun the next day.  


16. Do you like yourself?
I really don't give much of a damn about myself.  I'm here, I help, I will die.  It's that simple to me.  Do I like the people whom I model myself after?  Oh heck yes.   Some are younger, some are older, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Madeleine Albright, Noam Chomsky, and ...and some are dead, like Albert Schweitzer and Rachel Carson.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
If he brings his wife along, yes.  I think Laura and I would have more to talk about.  And, I admire her for all that she did as first lady.  She's a very nice person.

18.What are you listening to right now?
My computer hard drive and the AC firing up.  Good GAD it's hot outside.

19. Are your parents strict? My parent's are now both dead.  Mother a long time ago, and the paternal unit died exactly a month before my belovéd daughter.
 Mother's strict discipline made sense.  She was strict like she'd been brought up to be, not mean, just strict.  No words can describe the hell of living with our father, however.  So, I won't try to.

20. Would you go sky diving?
No.  I might have gone bungee jumping back in the day...but alas, the time got away from us for scary adventures.  We enjoy our armchair adventures - well I do anyway - through IG and Netflix.  

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
Yes.  my grandmother used to make it.   And, some day I'd like to make buttermilk cheese again, too, which she made.  Ancient History..

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
Twice, and really, sort of in passing...At a bus depot in Santa Monica when I was 19, I locked eyes with Robert Taylor, and we stared and smiled.  Neither of us spoke but boy did we stare. lol.

Another time, in the afternoon I was sitting on a bench, and  David Ogden Stiers was passing from the Old Globe Outdoor Stage to the Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park.  We noted each other across a green space.  We smiled at one another.  He bowed, I curtsied, and we went our ways.  It was very, very cool...I feel sorry for celebs who get MOBBED.  Well, not the Beatles because Gal might want to do that some day.  I secretly hope that she gets to mob Sir Paul....

23. Do you rent movies often?
Twice a month, yes, we do.  

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
My tiny, always up, Christmas tree and it's star garland.  It may be too dusty to take a snap of..or not....but as you can see, there is a little "sparkly" coming from on the star garland....
Looks OK

25. How many countries have you visited? 
Just one.  Mexico, and many times.  I loved Mexico before going there got so dangerous.  We would go down and camp along the seacoast just above Rosarito Beach.  It's a surfer's spot.  

26. Have you made a prank phone call?
As in:
Kid in Phone: "Is your refrigerator still running?" ? 
You: "Er..Yes...why?"
Kid in phone, strangling with laughter: "Well, don't you think you should go try to catch it?!" 


PolyTechpanthers.com
and the answer is.....Nope.. Frankly, I didn't have an extra minute growing up and that sort of thing just begs to fill in idle time....

27. Ever been on a train?
Many times, across country on three round trips to my grandparent's farm to stay for months on end.  And, yes, I love trains.  I wish we could do more about them in this country before we all die off from Global Climate Change.  

28. Brown or white eggs?
Both.  The hens have to be local and well cared for.  I love chickens and this is the way to support both the Hens and their local farms.

29.Do you have a cell-phone? 
Ummm  Yah...


30. Do you use chap stick? 
Not the mother of all petroleum gunk I don't, but I do use cocoa butter on my lips at night, and carry some of Bert's Bees sticks in my purse.  And, I just found a recipe on Pinterest for refilling one's empties...  I'm SO going to be do that......some time back I made little tins of chocolate flavored bee's wax lip gloss.  Tastey...

Go HERE please, to see more participants offerings... Consider Joining in.  It's very fun...

14 comments:

  1. Burts Bees lip balm is awesome. I have some too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ya. :o)
      Doesn't that company have great stuff? I love that they successfully built a world market. I hope they've kept their focus.

      Delete
  2. I still have and use my dictionaries. They used to be so expensive to buy, but I bought my last one, a newer American Heritage than I had, for 50 cents!
    What a neat moment with David Ogden Stiers! I grew up watching MASH and all of those characters felt like family. It was so sad when it ended.
    I've always wanted to visit Mexico, but now for the reason you gave, I don't suppose I ever will. Have a wonderful day, Zip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took so long to reply.. What a great price for a dictionary of any size or scope.
      The DOS moment was sort of magical and a lovely memory.
      And yes, about Mexico. People in IG think nothing of going down there, and think it's all A-OK. But I've seen the changes and have witnessed a man, probably a band member as he was dressed in a white tux, who had been kidnapped and beaten senseless by nefarious persons and then dumped off in a bad place. This was in one of the back roads through Tijuana: we'd gotten lost, and at the time, we just could not stop and help him. All I could do was pray for him, as the situation was terribly strange and the area very dangerous. So whenever I say something like that, there's a reason. With the gangs running things, I will not go back.

      Delete
  3. Oh my heaven's! I enjoy reading your answers so much! I should elaborate on mine more.
    I think your hair is pretty and I love your Christmas tree!
    Your trips to Mexico sound like fun. Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you did a fine job with your Sunday Stealing. I'm an old lady and ramble sometimes, but I'm glad you enjoyed reading my jottings.
      Most of the trips to Mexico were fun.
      And thanks about my hair, and the little Christmas tree. My hair's a "handful" but maybe I won't get it all chopped short. ;o) Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. I have dictionaries in every room (except the bathroom) of my apartment! I like the feel of flipping through the pages to look things up. Although the internet is faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dictionaries help a person remember all their words. We actually use so few words communicating on the web, because I think we are really not wanting to seem as though we are showing off. I use all my words when I'm angry about something, though. lol

      Delete
  5. I love armchair travel too, especially thru National Geographic.

    I enjoyed Stiers on M*A*S*H too and was sad to read he died. but I routinely wash M*A*S*H marathos on cable. How cool your interaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Nat Geo is one of the best channels for Arn Chair travels. It's gorgeous!
      I didn't know Stiers had died. Well, darn it. The world was a better place with him in it.
      He was a really down-to-earth person, despite that upper class accent of his. ;o)

      Delete
  6. #22 -- So you almost gave Barbara Stanwyck a run for her money! Cool! (BTW, I don't know that I ever want to meet Sir Paul. The idea scares me. Remember what Peggy Lee once sang: "I'm not ready for that last disappointment.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, lol, #22, just for a mad moment. heehee.
      Ah, the Sir Paul is very personable and warm I think, if you note the little girl who played bass guitar with him in a YouTube. That was very sweet. I think he'd like being singled out for attention from such a great life long fan such as yourself.

      Delete
  7. I think we have the same dictionary. And we wash our faces first. And I know we have the same Canon camera. I think we have to be related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely we are! The Canon is the clincher!
      Hope you get to have some better fun today on this mad Monday after the "Great Flood" of your poor kitchen.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..