Note to Readers: Like to see other participants? Join in the fun? Go here
Saturday 9: The Nanny (1993)Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is the theme from a sitcom that originally aired from 1993 to 1999. Were you a fan?
Sorry, no. I never saw it. But if it's somehow on the way back machine somewhere I might give it a whirl.
2) The song tells us that Fran once worked in a bridal shop. Have you ever worked in a retail setting?
Yes, since being a Mom, I've worked in a burger joint, a yarn shop, and a fabric store.
3) The kids in the Sheffield household appreciate their nanny's "joie de vivre," which is defined as "exuberant enjoyment of life." Are you feeling joie de vivre this morning?
Sadly no. And it's something I've been out of for a while now. I just go with "Cheerful" as that is what gets me through the day. I do like to read and laugh myself blue in the face over the nutty animal meme's and other such stuff on Pinterest.
4) "The Nanny" is the colorful one, the one who wears red when everyone else wears tan. What color do you think you look best in?
Blue is what I look best in.
5) The TV show, The Nanny, was the brainchild of actress Fran Drescher. She got the idea while visiting her an old friend in London. Her friend's pre-teen daughter enjoyed having Fran as a confidante and shopping buddy. Do you enjoy shopping as a leisure activity? Or would you prefer to just dash into a store, grab what you need, and get out and go home?
I'm very happy to leave the shopping to Fran. IF ever I shop "Live"again, I'll do what I've always done, which is to use my laser focus powers to zero in on what I want and then get out as fast as possible.
6) The friend Fran was visiting in London was Twiggy, who was the world's most famous model in the 1960s. Name another famous model.
The one who pops into my head is the Great Granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway, Margaux Hemingway. She was intelligent and very beautiful.
7) The Nanny: The Complete Series is available on DVD on Amazon. It consists of 19 discs and takes 55 hours to watch, start to finish. What TV show have you recently binge watched?
I haven't done that recently. When I first got the series, I binge watched Downton Abby. Now, I watch a bunch of shows as reruns while knitting but they aren't all of one series.
8) The Nanny theme was sung by Liz Callaway. Her father, the late John Callway, was a long-time Chicago newscaster. Have you, or has a loved one, ever been on TV?
CCTV, yes, my daughter Elle. I was once interviewed for a show on saving the habitat for the Spotted Owl that broadcast in Oregon.
9) Random question -- Which of these adjectives comes closest to describing you: sexy, sophisticated or down-to-earth?
Down to Earth.
|Very much so, actually.....|
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!