HERE is a link to the Saturday 9 Web page for this day... Come on over and play....
Saturday 9: Winter Wonderland (1968)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Welcome to the last Saturday 9 of 2018! Thanks for a great year, everyone.
1) This is an unconventional take on an old familiar song. Over the holidays, do you prefer traditional carols? Or do you like to mix it up with with more contemporary fare?
I don't actually like the Tijuana Brass, so if that's contemporary, I'll take the old stuff. I love the old choirs and stylizations. But I do like Tony Bennett and also, love to listen to Choirs and Carol Singers...And ANY carol played on a guitar.
I caught up on chores and read a couple of books. Haunted Pinterest a lot. Bird watched on social media, and watched some British home improvement shows. I also sat around eating Christmas fudge and knit a tiny bit on a Short finger glove. My thumb is toast. But, since I'm still recovering from an eye operation, my sore thumb must wait.
3) Winter is a time for cocooning. What book or movie did you enjoy in 2018 that you would recommend to your fellow Saturday 9-ers?
Southern Californians don't really cocoon, but reading is a great escape anywhere.
I just finished a book that I can recommend that is about the mystery surrounding the deaths of nine Mountaineers in Russia in 1959. Dead Mountain, by Donnie Eicher. Here's the Wiki link
4) Looking back on the past year, what was one of your happiest moments?
We took a trip up to Santa Cruz and spent time with our kids there. I'm happiest there....
5) What was the smartest thing you did all this past year?
I quit doing my blog for several months, and joined a few bird watching groups on other social media; it has helped me to quit caring about a lot of other stuff. May they burn in hell.... ahem... *blushes* Gee, I still DO care... hmmm?????
6) As 2018 comes to a close, what are you most grateful for?
The passage of time, and it's amelioration of the terrible pain of loss.
7) This week's featured artist is Herb Alpert. Because of the style he popularized and the name of his band, people assume he's Hispanic. Yet his parents were Jewish immigrants from Romania. What's something we'd be surprised to learn about you?
After my doing this meme, and others, for so long, I really doubt there are any surprises left. There were no surprises in the DNA other than a drop or two of Neanderthal. But everyone has that.
Hello brother and sister Cave dwellers!
|Read about a terrible problem for them HERE|
And, in another area: I think he's cute enough to tempt a homo sapiens female. Especially if he was gentle and kindly. Let's hear it for the hairy men!
8) He performed an instrumental version of "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXII. How did your favorite sports teams do in 2018?
I don't follow Sports anymore. If I did it would be a soccer team; or a basketball team, probably the Lakers. I LOVE basketball.
9) Random question: When did you last check your social media feed?
If Good Reads counts as social media, then it was just a few minutes ago, for the book info. Is blogging social media? Then, this is the last time..
Tata til Sunday!