Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Secret LoveUnfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it HERE
Want to join in on the meme? Go HERE
And a big thank you to Gal, our fearless leader!
1) In this song Doris admits she's spoken to the stars, "the way dreamers often do." Do you often daydream? Not too much anymore. Real life has a way of throwing you under a bus if you do too much daydreaming.
2) What's the last secret you kept? (It doesn't have to be romantic.)
I'm crazy but not crazy enough to share it.
3) While "Secret Love" was one of Miss Day's best-selling records, and the song won an Oscar, she did not perform it at the Academy Awards Ceremony. She said she was just too nervous to sing it live before an international television audience and an auditorium full of entertainment professionals. When did you last suffer an attack of nerves?
Waiting for the diagnosis from my daughter's surgery. I was trembling with dread and anxiety.
4) Doris' well-publicized attack of Oscar stage fright was unexpected because she began her career as a band singer, performing before live audiences every night. But she reportedly did develop more phobias over the years, including a fear of flying. Is there anything that scares you now, as an adult, that didn't frighten you as a child?
Politicians. Well, you did ask. They can be absolute liars, sneaky, sometimes cowards, and completely ruthless. They ARE dangerous, and they are scary.
5) Doris Day made 39 movies between 1948 and 1968. She said one of her favorite things about film making was working with costume designers on her wardrobe. Do you enjoy shopping for clothes?
When my sister was healthy, I used to love going out to lunch with her, and then on to the after Christmas sales. We'd usually go to Burlington Coat factory as well as May Company's, and Bullock's Basement sales. Anymore? Meh!
6) Doris confessed that when she had to lose weight for a role, she gave up ice cream. If we checked your freezer, would we find any ice cream?
Nope, and that's because I ate it all. It had been in there for a couple of years but it still tasted good. I think it's time to make more Italian Lime Ice Cream since we have limes.
7) In 1985 she hosted a cable show called Doris Day's Best Friends. She used the show as a platform to promote pet adoptions and animal welfare. Most of the guests were celebrity friends who reportedly donated their salaries for appearing on the show to Doris' pet foundation. Did you more recently ask a friend for a favor, or perform a favor for a friend?
I can consider Mr. Z as a friend, yes? So the answer to your question is, "yes". and "yes".
8) For more than 20 years, Doris co-owned the Cypress Inn in Carmel, CA. The Inn expects to continue on without her, and maintain the pet-friendly policies she introduced. Have you ever traveled with your dog or cat?
I've never traveled with a cat except, when we were moving house, Pepper came along. She moved with us 7 times. She was a lovely little Calico kittah. And Dogs? They go everywhere we go. Always have except two notable exceptions, Muttly and Tobie. Tobie stayed home when we went on trips because she would eat anything - ANYTHING - and end up car sick. Muttly was a nervous dog, and he would likely bite some random child who came up to him, as children do, who tried to pet him. So, he stayed home.
9) Random question: What's the last thing you complained about?
Some random politico no doubt.