Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Readers: HERE's the Linkie back to Sam's page so you can see other blogger's posts.
The Perfect Fan 1999
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
My hubby, who just brought me another cup of tea.
2) Who was the last person to thank you for something?
My hubby, when I hugged him, and I said that I was sorry about his Mama. She passed away a few days ago. She was a tiny and fun little mamma. Many good memories. R.I.P. dear little Gal.
3) This is from the Backstreet Boys' album Millennium, recorded and released in 1999. Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when 1999 turned into 2000?
I believe we were waiting to see if the whole Cyper-world imploded. Obviously, it didn't. ;O)
4) This song was written by Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell. Brian voiced himself on an episode of PBS' Arthur. Arthur has been described as an "animated anthropomorphic aardvark" -- which can be difficult to say. Do you easily get tongue tied?
I'm pretty articulate. So I guess that's a no?
5) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know?
I can still read from my first and most of my second grade level primers pretty well, so I guess maybe a couple thousand? I really haven't a clue.
This is a very interesting question! I still hear french phrases in my head sometimes, too. Like last night. Fact: The one thing my dad ever did for me that was good was that he taught me to speak French while I was also learning English.
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?
Probably the most recent card was a Christmas card to a friend. I don't send cards much at all anymore. My BIG plan is to finally.... finally!... make cards at the table I'm clearing off in the craft (crap) room.
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet?
Yes, I did the switch earlier in this week. Then the weather got cool. lol.. Truth.. Handiest Book on California. The How to cool the Weather off in California handbook, page 17. Ha!
8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?"
I used to be very tidy, neat and organized. But those times are past. There's a lot of Schlock I don't give a hoot about anymore. But the Kitchen, I keep it clean clean - that and the err... "Necessary".
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her mother's favorite: Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?
Why thank you kindly, Sam. I'd like a dark chocolate. I'll eat it with some almonds.