From 2007....and..... Because it's Father's Day weekend.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune?
Hear it here.
1) This song is a duet by the father/daughter team, Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus. Is your family musically inclined? My Grandparents were singers of old world ballads from the Hills, and some Western. They, mostly my grandpa, taught me to sing just by osmosis, I guess. They are the only people in my family who sang, I mean besides my mother, aunts and cousins. I sang until my voice didn't sound good to me anymore.
Edited to add... I was writing in a fog yesterday. My one twin daughter plays guitar, banjo and violin - Irish and Old timey music. And both the twins play piano.
2) This song is about life lessons. Who has been a major influence on your life?
My maternal grandparents, my paternal grandmother, my aunts and uncles, and my sweet hubby.
3) Miley's given name is "Destiny." Her nickname as a baby was "Smiley," which is where Miley came from. What's something that can always be depended upon to make you smile?
Puppies, kittens and little Kids!
4) Miley's father, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, has 5 children in addition to Miley (6 in all). Are you the oldest, the middle or the youngest sibling? Or are you an only child?
I am the Eldest of four children, three of us are still living.
5) Sam's own father often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps, shampoos or body lotion he got from the hotel. Tell us about an inexpensive but treasured souvenir from a trip you've taken.
|Comb is to show you the size|
6) Back when Sam was in high school, it was her father who gave her driving lessons. Are you patient when teaching someone something new?
Since I got married, I am again. According to my aunts, I started out to be very patient. Psycho Dad pretty much ruined all three of his kids for patience. But my mother was patient, and I took after her.
Also, once I was away from him and had met my hubby who is AMAZINGLY patient, that natural patience gradually came back. It's the only way to teach anything because most kids or adults are just so much more driven, for whatever reason, and they are impatient with themselves. Teachers need to be patient.
7) Sam's father is easy to buy for: every year he wants a new pair of loafers, so every year for Father's Day she gives him a DSW gift card. Is there anyone on your gift list that you find it easy to buy for?
I have no confidence in the gift giving category. I'm just not very good at it.
8) For family barbecues, Sam's dad dons his "Kiss the Chef" apron and mans the Weber. What's the last thing you cooked on the grill?
I don't use the grill at all anymore. Mr. Z still does. We have cooked hamburgers, hotdogs, and whole turkeys on it for gatherings of the rock hounds though. It's a Weber and runs on propane.
9) Sam's father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. When you crave a snack, do you usually reach for something sweet or salty?
I'd rather have Salty snacks.
Want to play along or see other offerings? Go HERE
That's a link to the Saturday 9 Mother ship. And Gal will greet you with a cuppa and some amazing cookies! Out of this World ones? Well, maybe... ;o)