"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Told ya so Tuesday... The Moral Majority and it's Ilk.

They once called themselves, "The Moral Majority".

In the Mid Sixties, this is the group whose first big rally I went to with a pastor and his wife.  I was expecting my first child, and the whole tone of this event was so upsetting that I used my "condition" as an excuse to go outside to get some air.  I knew they were going to be very bad if they EVER got any political power. 

They are so undemocratic and counter to all that America needs, that they really should have not been allowed to gain a foothold by misusing the Christian faith.  Here's a LINK to an article about just how bad they became.

Sadly, they have only grown ever more powerful, even though parts of the Moral Majority were disgraced when they went Money and Power Mad in a big public way.

This is the group that Goldwater was speaking out about.  And here we see that the warnings were valid.  This is why the founding fathers, Christians themselves almost to a man, warned about any encroachment of  religions into the governing body Politic.  They were RIGHT!

NO religious zealots can EVER be trusted with civil rights.  It doesn't matter what Religion.  It always bodes Ill.  They will try to limit free will, the scope of human rights, and they will try to get massive power to suppress rights. 

Apparently, they are just another huge business enterprise.   I'm not surprised in the least.  I wasn't then, and I'm not now.

Think about this...We are going to have to work to Keep ourselves a Free People.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..