"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Saturday 9: Heart to Heart

Heart to Heart (1982)

 

Want to see other participants?  Go here

 
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) With whom did you most recently have a "heart-to-heart" talk?  My hubby.  We do that a lot lately.  For on thing, we have a very agΓ©d Pup. 

2) When this song was on the charts, audiences were tuning in to a TV show called Hart to Hart. Are you familiar with it?   

No, sorry, Gal.

3) In the music video, Kenny Loggins plays an illustrator. It’s said that the hardest thing to draw is a straight line, because all the joints in your hand have to work together in sync. Can you draw a straight line, without the aid of a ruler or a straight edge?  

Once upon a time, "yes" but now.  I just tried four times...
Afraid I'm out of practice.  I can't even walk a straight line now either. *wink*
 
4) This video also prominently features teddy bears. A 2018 article in the NY Post estimates that 4 in 10 adults has a plush toy of his/her own. Are you one of the 40%?   

I have a teddy bear collection, and one pig.  The  little twins thought it was a teddy bear.  They were little.  😊😊

5) Kenny Loggins performed in a tribute to Aretha Franklin at Carnegie Hall. Do you have a favorite Aretha Franklin song?  

I like all her gospel songs and "Bridge over Troubled Waters" is my current favorite. 


 
6) Kenny cowrote this song with Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers. You can also hear Michael on the background vocals. Do you have a favorite Doobie Brothers song?  The Doobie's are my favorite group.  My favorite song is almost a theme song for my life.



 
7) The third cowriter is David Foster. 1982 was a big year for Foster, since Chicago had a big hit with another of his compositions, “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.” Do you have a favorite Chicago song?  This one:



8) In 1982, when this song was popular, Tylenol capsules laced with cyanide killed 7 people in Chicago. In response, tamper-proof packaging was introduced. What’s the last thing you opened that required you break a seal? 

It was a bottle of vitamins.  
 
9) Random question – You’re having a party. Which guest annoys you most: the one who arrives 20 minutes early, or the one who shows up 20 minutes late?  

I'm sure I wouldn't notice the late comer.  But the early bird, I would put to work! lol  No reason to be annoyed.  Just hand them a job!

Thanks Gal!  




Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 







12 comments:

  1. #9 -- Good point about the latecomer. Unless it's a sitdown dinner (a la Downton Abbey), the host probably wouldn't notice stragglers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Downtown Abbey you could be shunned for being late to table. πŸŒπŸ‘€

      Delete
  2. I'm old enough to remember "Chicago" was called "Chicago Transit Authority"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both remember this. And what a great sound, They still have it!
      🎢❤️🎢

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much my Ms Kwizgiver. It was a fun trip down memory lane. Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  4. #1 is what our conversations have been this week, but we had to put our dig down last weekend, so we have just been talking about things. It was so sad. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I’m sorry to hear that time came for your dog. I hope you will accept that I know and understand just how hard this is. We love them like family, so we do.
      Little wolf also might be our last dog.
      Wishing you back a happier week.. ❤️πŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️

      Delete
  5. I love Long Train Runnin' too. I play that on the electric guitar as well. No solo, though. Just the rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello good buddy...πŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️It certainly gets into your blood, doesn’t it. The first three notes and BANG you know what you’re about to hear. Love the thing! 🎸🎼🎧

      Delete
  6. I put early arrivals to work all the time. Usually it's family or good friends who are early, anyway, so they aren't insulted or put out by that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy.. I know what you mean.. most of the time we have potlucks as a “family and friends” get together, so everyone who’s able bodied gets to do something.. I made the gravy last year. Always fun. Enjoy your holiday.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..