"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, September 11, 2020

Saturday 9.. So Emotional, a song by Whitney Houston.

Saturday 9: So Emotional (1987)
 

Dear Readers:

The Air smells like burnt animal fur.  So, I'll be keeping this short and sweet.

Here is the Meme HOME, where you can see the Linkie to the other participants' pages.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it HERE


1) Whitney sings that she keeps her lover's photo beside her bed. What's on your bedside table?

A lot of stuff.  Everything I need is on it. 

2) She's getting frustrated, waiting for the phone to ring. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?
No one Except a doctor calls me, so that's who it would be.  The rest of us text.

 
3) The video was filmed at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA. It seats 6,200. As the nation reopens from Covid19, would you feel comfortable sitting knee-to-knee with a stranger in an arena like this?
No.  I didn't come this far to trash it all on anything unimportant like this.

 4) This week's featured artist, Whitney Houston, appeared on the daytime drama As The World Turns. She played herself, performing with Jermaine Jackson at the Miss Cinderella contest in the fictional town of Oakdale. Have you ever been hooked on a soap opera?

Not a day time one.  But I couldn't get enough of the old Addison one.  What was that called? 

 5) Whitney had a sweet tooth, and her favorite breakfast cereal was Fruity Pebbles. Do you often eat cereal for lunch or dinner?
No.  I don't feel it's very appealing.  Not much about food is appealing but I still love pastas and rice dishes. Actually we don't even have any breakfast cereal in the house anymore.

6) At Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown, her bridesmaids all wore lavender dresses and the groomsmen had custom made alligator shoes. Have you ever "stood up" for a friend or relative? If so, do you remember what you wore?
My sister, and I wore a navy blue "Church-going" dress.  She got married in Balboa Park.

7) In 1987, the year this song was popular, Cher won the Oscar for Moonstruck. Her most famous line was, "Snap out of it!" When you think of Cher, do you first think of her movies, her TV show, or her music?
I have always liked Cher, her music and all her movies.  I'm sure I haven't seen all of them but only most.  I never even knew she had a TV show or I probably would have watched it.  Lol

8) Michael Douglas won the Oscar that year for Wall Street. His most famous line was, "Greed is good." His character goes on to say that, "Greed in all its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of all mankind." Do you agree?
Obviously not.  I think that this sort of greed has been the downfall of Modern Civilization. I don't think Knowledge belongs in that collection of Greeds, either.  Any, more than anything else, the thirst for Knowledge is even a Noble Art.

9) Random question: When you woke up this morning, were you ready to get out of bed? Or do you wish you could have snoozed for a bit longer?
Since I don't sleep more than a few hours at a time, I usually get out of bed and then settle in with my book and less and less, to social media.  In days gone past, I couldn't wait to see what had hit Twitter.  Now, not so much.   

Thank you Sam, for this great meme.  

 

20 comments:

  1. You didn't know about Cher's TV show??? You never heard of Sonny and Cher??? That was the first time anybody heard of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev. No, and it's probably because we didn't watch network TV. I've heard of and even bought some of Sonny and Cher's music, just never knew they had a show.

      Delete
  2. LOVE your answer to #3. We'd all be healthier if more people felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hear this, Gal, and you are so right!
      Meanwhile, latest news is that Detainees and ICE personnel were put on a chartered plane,circumventing the rules about social distancing thereby,and 300 of the detainees tested positive for Covid19, and one of them has since died. It's sort of a modern day death camps exercise. Frankly, T has an agenda.

      Delete
  3. Hmm... We seem to be a group of insomniacs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the State of the Union. But it will never make it into the "Address" will it?

      Delete
  4. Interesting answers. I liked your response to #9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! And,yes, the world of the crazy needs nay sayers needs to be getting less "run time" so that we can all just dig in and stay sane.

      Delete
  5. I didn't even think of night-time soaps. I would have mentioned Dallas. I was hooked on that for several years. It is the same with me when I am awake in the night. I turn to books or maybe TV, but never social media. A lot of social media just isn't fun these days. Have a blessed Saturday, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just in there now to see what's being reported on the fires and what people post about animals or the cute stuff. The acid and flame throwing can go on without me. I know my own mind, and trust that others know theirs. There are too many East European trolls for my liking.

      Delete
  6. I was thinking there was a Sonny and Cher tv show. I may be wrong.
    I agree with you about knowledge not being greed. I struggled with that answer. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that show, as Bev pointed out.
      #9 was a tough one, Lori.
      Thanks for the good wishes, and I hope you have a comfortable and happy weekend, too. Stay sweet and stay centered. This will all be over soon.

      Delete
  7. Hi

    I’m Bud (you probably know me) and I launched both Saturday 9 & Sunday Stealing. I’m starting a new one and like you to join us for our premier (http://mmwithjudd.blogspot.com) this week. We will not ask stupid (What are you wearing?) or yes or no ones. It will be 10 questions every week. I’m pleased to let you know that I am partnering with The Queen of Memes, Mimi Lenox on this blog. That’s it. Stay safe & health & healthy.

    Bud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm pretty sure I know that face......

      Lol..I'll be there, Bud, and Thanks for a link. And for the good wishes. Stay safe@ Sane, which is highly overrated, can just go fish..... 🤪

      Delete
  8. Sonny & Cher had their variety show for a long time! She would wear these spectacular flamboyant outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo Flamboyance is to be celebrated!
      I'm going to have to check, but for a lot of time we didn't possess a TV. And, I not happy that I totally missed it! I really love Cher.
      When we did have a TV we only ever watched two network shows, "Mash" and "MajorDad", and, of course, the Watergate stuff. Better than ANY make believe drama.

      Delete
  9. I think a lot of us are just done with the evil on social media these days. I stay off of it more and more myself. (Please let me know if you can't post to my blog, I had to tweak setting to stop spam plus blogger's new interface has things bamboozled as well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Social Media. You never know if you getting upset about a bot or are arguing with a divisive troll. I started checking them and finding 0 post on them so .. anyway, it was time to reclaim a room in the house for sanity's sake.
      I will be sure to let you know if I can't post to your blog. I do NOT want to lose any online friends! Stay Save and Stay Sane!

      Delete
  10. good answers to tell me more about you. Balboa park, in SF? thank goodness for books by the bedside, to stop the mental noise in the night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, LA. 👋
      I try to keep the meme simple, like me.
      the Balboa Park where my sister got married is in San Diego, along the freeway, and it's beautiful. It's right next to the San Diego Zoo.
      I read at night now to go to sleep. Just as you do, I use it to quiet the mind. Helps a lot!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..