"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 8, 2021

She's Not There

 ****Update. ****  I had apparently turned off comments when I fell ill a while back and shut off the blog.  I apologize to anyone who has tried to comment since I brought it back on-line. My fault. 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: She's Not There (1964)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Reader's there is a Linkie for this.. You can go there to see other posts on today's Saturday9.

1) This song is about a young man who is upset his friends didn't warn him against a girl who turned out to be untrue. Have you ever involved yourself in a friend's love life with advice about a relationship?  If I was asked by them for input, yes. Otherwise I would stay as silent as the grave.

2) According to legend, this song was inspired by a girl who called off her wedding just weeks before the ceremony, humiliating her fiancé and breaking his heart. Do you know anyone who was similarly left at the altar?  I don't know, personally, of anyone left at the altar. How sad... 

3) The Zombies first played together as a bar band, popular at an English pub called The Blacksmiths Arms. What's the name of your favorite local restaurant or bar?  I like a place called Sammy's. It's a sports bar and has excellent food and service. I hope it survived the pandemic. 

4) The Zombies broke up after a few years but put all acrimony behind them in 2019 when they reunited to perform at their induction into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Have you ever been to Ohio?  Yes, my mother had to go back to her parent's farm when my dad was shipped overseas. I was born there. The Paternal Unit, PU, came back two years later, after a bombing of his unit.  We all came right back home to California. 

 5) While 1964 is remembered as the first year of the British Invasion, when rock bands from the UK dominated the airwaves, it was also the year Barbra Streisand became a major star, featured on the covers of both Time and Life. Are there any magazines in your home right now? If so, who is on the cover?  Yes, an Audubon, and there's an endangered bird on the cover...

6) Also in 1964, actress Ena Hartman became one of the first African American actresses to have a speaking part on the country's top TV Western, Bonanza. Is your TV on right now, as you answer these 9 questions?  No. 

7) The "It's a Small World" ride was introduced at the 1964 New York World's Fair. It's now at Disneyland, Disney World, Disneyland Paris and Disneyland Hong Kong. Have you ever taken one of these Small World rides? I was 11 the one and only time I went to Disneyland, and I don't think those were there at that time.  

8) General Douglas MacArthur's memoir was published shortly before his death in 1964. It became a best seller. Was the last book you finished fiction or non-fiction?  Non- Fiction.  I prefer Non-fiction mostly, but I do like mysteries, too.

Just this morning I finished it.  It's an Amazing book!


9) Random question: You find yourself calling the local garage often to get updates on your car repair. Every time you call, the person who answers the phone is abrupt to the point of rude. Do you: (1) let the person know you'd appreciate a change in tone; (2) ignore it; (3) complain to the boss?  I've never had a problem like this, but I reckon I'd never call that many times either.  So, Ignore it? 

NO use being a cave man about it....HeeHee....


 



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Hi..TESTING! I’m trying to get this to work, and it’s a nasty wee beastie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well well, Mz Zorbeeta, it looks like it’s fixed. Thanks to Quizgiver for a heads up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of the ZOMBIES, were they part of the British Imvasion? I wonder if tha theme of the song is about one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of them either. I'm sure that they had some popularity but not like the Beatles. much was subsumed by the massive popularity of the Beatles.. as in "Just another Boy band from the UK"

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..