Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song tells the story of a man who has made a career in radio. How many professions have you worked in?
I've never had a profession, only various jobs. I was all set to finish college to be a special Ed Teacher but God had other plans.. lol
|I got to put on my Roller skates yet again!|
2) He describes himself as "45 going on 15." This morning, do you feel older or younger than your years?
Older, in fact I feel a whole lot older, though I used to feel younger than my age, and looked younger. That is no longer true.
3) He estimates that he's traveled thousands of miles, from town to city, as disc jockey at various stations. Have you ever relocated for a job?
No, I have not. Our family has though. We came to live in the south of California for a job, even though I wanted to go North, to Central Coast.
4) This song is written as though he's reached out to an ex. Is there someone from your past who is on your mind this morning?
No one besides my daughters.
5) Tell us about a radio personality you grew up listening to.
I listened to Kacy Kasem quite religiously for decades. It was fun. I also listened to a local station because the maniac DJ's at 91X. They were such a Crack Up! I also listened to KGB and that got a start out of people who didn't know it was only a radio station.
6) This week's featured artist, Harry Chapin, was an Oscar nominee. Before he became a musician, he wrote and directed a documentary about boxing called Legendary Champions. When you sit down to watch a movie, would you prefer action, comedy, drama, fantasy, horror, mystery, romance, thriller or documentary?
Everything mentioned above is on my list at streaming stations, except for Horror. I don't like it. I do like some of it I guess... if it's totally wild, and funny, such as, "Eating Raoul", or the two spoofs that Simon Pegg did, "Hot Fuzz" and "Shawn of the Dead". I've watch those several times over the years. Maybe it's time to dust them off as a cheerMeUp!
7) Today Harry Chapin is fondly remembered for his philanthropy. He filled his calendar with benefit concerts that supported local food banks all around the country. How would you like to be remembered?
I guess I'd like to be remembered as a kind person but also one that fought for the rights of others. Maybe as a Brave person, I guess. Mr. Z and I went to LOT of Peace Marches and vigils against the wars. I loath warmongering politicians.
8) In 1973, when this song was popular, one of the top-selling toys was a Curious George book packaged with a plush Curious George. Can you recall a favorite book from your childhood?
Yes, I read the Dick and Jane books that my grandparents bought me. I still have them I think. The books are nearly in tatters, and feeling their ages.
Later, I read, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and another Jules Verne that I can't recall the title of right now. That's when I fell in love with the Sea. I was 6 or 7 because it was right before we had to move out of the house that my mother loved.
She was sad, I was sad, so I read my books. Mother collected books! I inherited that gene from her, to my hubby's dismay. Lol She and I both belonged, for years, to the Book of The Month Club. I got most of my mother's books when she died suddenly and you can see two of her sets on the shelf, the one of with the coffee pot, and the one with the tiny books down in front. She collected Agatha Christie.
This is only one of my bookshelves, and there are also three or four book piles on the floor in a few rooms. Thank God for e-books.
9) Random question: Here's $100. What will you spend it on?
Oh! That is very kind of you, Gal! I think I will buy some dresses. I need some. Thanks!
Thank you Sam, for this fun meme. I always enjoy it.
This week I will remember to link up!