"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, December 2, 2022

Broken Hearted Girl (2009)

 Saturday 9: Broken-Hearted Girl (2009)

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Apparently I cannot use the font I was using anymore.  So this may just be a little too light to read, and I am sorry.  Blogger may be coming decrepit or unstable.  I hope not, but I'm also tired of fighting with it to get it to do what I want it to do.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

 1) In this song, Beyonce admits her feelings for a man she doesn't want to love. Do you believe we can choose who we love? Or does the heart go its own way? The heart is a pump that runs the blood through the Lungs.  I'd rather not think about what else it might get up to. 

BUT... having said that, I believe that we can chose whom we love, and there is a visceral reaction that electrifies something in our chests. Seeing All baby animals and humans does that for me, too. You really do feel something that seems to be centered in the chest (heart).

2) In the video for this song, Beyonce plays with a red rose. Florists report that the most popular colors of roses are: red, white or ivory, yellow, pink, peach or orange, and lavender or purple. Do you have a favorite? I love ALL the roses, even the green ones, but Pink edges out the others as a favorite color.  In fact it's almost a joke in our family how much I love pink. 



3) The video was filmed in Malibu. Southern California is a popular vacation destination. Have you ever visited there? Have you ever lived there? I was born the child of Southern Californians,  and  I have lived here almost my entire life.

 4) When Beyonce was just 12, she appeared on the show Star Search as part of a vocal group called Girls Tyme. The girls lost, but Beyonce said the experience taught her that she wanted to be a performer for the rest of her life. Share a memory from your own junior high years. OK.  I played Wiggins, the Witch in a school play and the College Prof who directed us, Dr. Woods, seemed to be very amused and delighted by my acting of same. It seemed that I could be very good at being a wicked witch!

 5) As a girl, she helped her hairstylist mom by sweeping hair at the salon. Do you have a hair appointment coming up? No.  Probably, though, I should have someone DO something about this mop, but I've pretty much quit caring about my Hairdo.

 6) In 2009, when this song was popular, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg unsuccessfully tried to buy Twitter. Elon Musk acquired Twitter last month. What social media sites do you spend the most time on?  Probably Pinterest and the World of Blogs.  But I do Instagram bc of friends, a tiny bit of time on Ravelry, and also I poke around a couple of other ones without posting.  As to Musk, I quit twitter as soon as it became apparent that Musk was going to acquire it.  

7) Also in 2009, Sony sold floppy disks at most retailers. But things change fast in the world of tech and by 2011, Sony quit producing floppy disks altogether. Floppies were replaced by flash drives, which have been replaced by cloud storage services ... Do you still have any floppy disks?  We have some of both sizes.  Luddites are like that, don'tcha know?  


8) In 2009, Michael Jackson died. Do you have a favorite Michael Jackson song? Yes, and it's "Dangerous"....



9) Random question -- We're having a Saturday 9 potluck lunch! What will you bring?  I'll bring my Mac and Cheese, the one with sharp cheddar and Dejon mustard.  

Thanks for this Sam!  

Readers, go HERE to see the questions and the linkie to the other Niners posts. 


13 comments:

  1. Today's font is very easy to read. You don't need to fight with blogger any more, you won!
    Love your recollection of your stint as a wicked witch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a lovely font. It's nice to get an actual WIN sometimes when fighting someone else's technology! Yay! And thanks about Wiggins. She was a great fix for me, a powerful "role" model for a little kid fighting for her life.

      Delete
  2. There are green roses? I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are! Several colors in fact. If I were younger, I would be building another rose garden in the side yard. And there would be at least three green roses in it.

      Delete
  3. I have been on Pinterest a lot this week getting ideas for Elf on a Shelf for my pre-K classroom. We also had a gingerbread hunt this week. Lots of fun. Pinterest is great! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Gingerbread hunt for the kids sounds like fun!
      Pinterest is a great place to find ideas. I love it there. I like Instagram a lot too, for the birders, knitters, fun loving posters, too.

      Delete
  4. I forgot about Pinterest--I do spend time there weekly (probably almost daily)! I didn't recognize that MJ song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is my late night and down time first choice just because of all the good crafting ideas. Instagram is great too, but I need to stay out of political dust ups. lol

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know that green roses were a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Kim! I read your blog every week, and have tried a few times to leave you a note, but, alas, my technique is obviously flawed. lol
      Oh yes, green roses, and even black ones, have kept the breeders trying and trying to get it right. I'm not sure if there is a true black rose yet but there are several greens.

      Delete
  6. I think you should go get a cute hair style if you want. :-) And the font is easy to read. I didn't notice that they'd done away with one. Which one did we lose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CountryDew. I'm going to let my hair grow out again after my self inflicted "Covid19 Cut". Gah! After breaking my shoulder in 2019, I can not cut it myself. Unless, that is, I want to look like a vampire. About that font. I'm sorry. There are so many that I can't remember what the other one was, besides all the way back to "Love you like a Sister". That's still my favorite one but a little Wonkie and hard to read. Blogspot is not easy to navigate anymore, either, since it was set free by Google. Alas.....

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..