"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Visitors!

My brother and sister came over today and we all had a nice chat session, catching up on news of the other branch of the family. My brother showed me his latest bionic limb. He tripped over something in his yard few months ago and broke his arm in several places. That's the second time for that arm. The last time was a slider down an A-frame roof he was re-roofing, and he landed in a not so neat pile on the ground. Sheesh. This was in the bad old days of roofers not working with safety ropes. I can't believe I ever got up on roofs like that. My legs shake now just trying to climb up on my own rather flattish (5/12) roof.

My sister is celebrating some new everyday china that she and her DH got themselves for Christmas, and she was also gasping over the prices of replacing her furniture. DH and I did a little gasping, too, as the couch we bought several years ago has now doubled in price. =0\ I would NOT want to be furnishing a house these days.

Using Vit C therapy to fight off the latest invader picked up on a shopping trip to peruse the dinnerware with Sis at a Mission Valley store. But, I did get myself a little visit to a yarn shop as a reward, and scored a yarn cutter of my own, and some lovely 8 inch crystal palace DPNs of size 1 to make a hat of the Lorna's Laces from Crey. I'm hugging myself as this is surely paradise! All this knitting and the colors are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..