"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Knitting again and Big Thank you's for all the good wishes and vibes!

This came at the perfect time. I was just so bored. I had to take the plunge into big needles and terrible tension on the stitches, but, what the heck! The needles are the lightest I have in size ten; they are OLD OLD plastics but have their charm. One of my kittie's teeth marks, Kato's, are on the tips. The yarn is a novelty acrylic from the stash that DH likes, so it's going to be a scarf and a hat for him. I can't tell you how good this feels. When the final stitches came out of the arm today, a milestone was reached.  Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful - glad to hear you are back to knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

    And you know what is super cool about the scarf and hat? It will tell the story of your adventure and you will see the healing as you knit. You will see the stitches improve and that tells the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news! ANd Meredith is right -- what a story that scarf will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yiippee!! You need to channel that healing energy you must have coursing through that wrist of yours and release it to the universe, it certainly could use it right now! Oh, that scarf should blend with the beard perfectly ; ) hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much. Happy Snoopy Dance!

    Karen, it's lifted my spirits to be able to knit again.

    Trish, the little scarf is perfect, two rows and rest, two rows and rest. heehee

    Meribeth, as you say, this scarf/hat set will be an utterly precious remembrance.

    Annie, agreed. It sure will go well with that beard. Lol....And, the universe is hurting and I'm hoping the healing is going on all over the place. This poor, sore universe. *sighs* We all can hope. It's a cardinal virtue, yes? =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, thank you so much, and I think you like vintage needles,too, so I want to tell you about these straights. They usually just stand in a cup as decor or, more recently, for scratching itchy places inside of casts, but they have leapt into service, rusty caps and all. The memories of a beloved kitty started swirling around my head when I looked at her teeth marks in the tips. I soooo want a cat sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your hand got better fast, too, Liz. Hands are so important in our happiness! I am taking it nice an slow. :)

    zippi

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..