"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Can you find the Big Sur Jade?

It is gloriously surrounded by the new yarns and a new market basket from Santa Cruz farmer's market. If you go to this area at all, be sure to stop in and look for the basket seller there. The baskets are "free trade" and made by women in Ghana. Incidently, I thought the jade would make a fabulous yarn color for a spinner someday. *Hint Hint*

DD1 and DD2 kidnapped me one morning and we all lit out for their favorite LYS. Using their "gift certificate", I came away with a goodly amount of Kid Mohair, for lacey shawls, a bit o the grey for a smoke ring scarf. It will go with some gray mohair/wool blend from the stash. DD2 found me a great book which I will piccify when DH brings it in from the Bounder. And I got the last length of Addi's for Gretchen, the yarn for which is now wound into pull skeins.

We had a great time and they called it a kidnapping because we also went off to a fabulous Pottery store, where they got a new front porch bamboo setee for their cats-and yes, the cats agree that is is indeed, theirs- and some pots for the one millionth container plant in their garden. When you rent, portable gardens seem very much "IN". We also visited two fabric stores where DD1 found two grand indi patterns, and then they took me home so I could collapse in a ball on the big, round bamboo chair.   Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I can! And it looks great. I had more trouble getting blogger comments to work. LOL Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks rissa, it's good to be back. I thought I would be posting from Santa Cruz but I just couldn't get it together to do it.

    Glad that you found the jade. In person it is gorgeous, and it looks like the sea around rocks at the lighthouse at Point Reyes. Gorgeous stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..