"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Accents or the Lack of....

Well, it sure is right. I'm from the West and been here all my life. My father's a Westerner too, but Mama was from Ohio.
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

6 comments:

  1. Mine was midwest. I guess 20 some years of living in the south can't budge that accent, although I have been heard to say ya'll from time to time. Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Annie. =0) Yes, isn't it strange how it sticks with you? I think that's why the people who did the quiz put a disclaimer on it by saying something like, "then, too, you could just be from a big city in the south, like Dallas or Miami".

    You probably sound very southern, DH's Aunt did and she just married someone from the South and moved there in your 20's, but your ear still hears the words as you were taught in the beginning. Is that a theory? I shouldn't be having them this early in the day. It's a bad thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It said I was from Philly!
    Was in Philly for 2 days 10 years ago.
    But it does make some kind of sense. I was raised in Cleveland (don't tell anyone!). But my mother was from the deep south...and had been an English teacher. And I have lived in the South for close to 40 yearns now.
    Bottom line, my accent is messed up and no one can pick it out. At least I don't sound like I am from Cleveland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Meribeth. But Philly is such a distinct local accent, and evidently it's also pretty sneaky! I mean you picked it up in 2 days!

    Hmm.. Cleveland, I wonder if that's anything like a Canadian overlain with Ohio/Penn border accent my aunts were inflicted with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is very little attractive about a true Cleveland accent. And there is no Canadian tones either!

    People don't talk as quickly as say...Mich. or Wisc. It is harsh and they talk through their nose. The word "time"..would be pronounced tI-em, with the I sounded at the back of the tongue and shot through the nose.

    So! If y'all hear it...run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to shoot that "I" through my nose since you told me about it. I don't think it's very good for the sinuses myself. Those poor people!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..