"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

First of the New Knitting

And I really do hope that 2008 is a much better year than the last one.

I've been digging through the yarns and planning or casting things on, two new fingerless gloves, socks, and a Snuggler for the little cats at the shelter. I ran out of sun here for good pictures because the clouds came in but I did get one of the Snuggler. DH just finished making another batch of Fantasy Fudge and he will upload the pictures as soon as the football game is over. Illinois is making it exciting, he reports.

Oh, Jane's Hedgerows are back on the list, because I found a plain blue Panda Bamboo/Cotton blend for some for the DD who can't wear animal fibers. There's been an explosion of small projects in what some might describe as "Lace or Aran Sweater Avoidance". *inserts enigmatic smiley*


I don't know what to expect out of this year. I guess the best thing to do is to wait for Chinese New Year, the Year of the Rat, which is supposed to bode well. I'm not sure about that because they, the Chinese, must not really have been aware of Norwegian Rats or Roof Rats when they chose their animals. But, it's an ancient tradition and you really can't argue with tradition. Let's hope enough people plan to make it a good year for others that it goes that way.

A word about blogging. It's come to my attention that some people think it's an ego trip for a blogger. That's not why I blog but it does cast a Jaundiced Eye on the whole MEME flavor of a blog. It can be seen that way but can't really be helped.

So, being that it's my nature to ignore negative opinions- and do what I damn well please- for 2008 I'll just keep on blogging and finding what is beautiful in life (posting pictures as available) and brag about knitting or the kids, as well as to continue to call attention to politicos-or others- who are way beyond selfish and money hungry, into flat out greed or white supremacy. Fey to you! May the Devil himself come to your door, snatch you bald, and grab you by the hinderparts and drag you to a new understanding of right and wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well. Keep writing and posting, because I always look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Ego trip?

    Seems to me that to criticize a form of interaction and communication is arrogant and an ego trip. Just saying..

    Blog on! Beauty, fun, ethical issues...more beauty and a gentle voice. Well, if that is an ego trip..we need more of it.

    BTW, the pic at the top is out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jane, thank you! You know how much I admire your blog, too. It's a treat to read it. Your comment means a lot to me. Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year, and a healthy New Year, too. :-)

    And thanks to you as well, Meribeth, for your words of encouragement. It's hard to write a blog, and share ideas and projects and one's love of being alive, without seeming self centered. Not much can be done about people who feel that way, either. Live and let live!

    Ah, glad you like that picture. Thanks! I love that place. That's Torrey Pines Preserve, from the top of the cliff at low tide in April. The twin DDs had come down that year, 2002 I think, and we all went to the Preserve. It was taken with my old Ricoh digital, which is still a great outdoor camera. I use that pic as a header for winter and part of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can usually spot an ego grooming blog from the get-go.

    I suspect I'm not alone to feel it's really quite humbling to blog and take the risk of ridicule or having what I post being taken wrongly.

    Love your header picture! Thanks for the explanation, I thought you took it from a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well said Wanda about the humbling nature of blogging. It is very hard to write one without fears of being either so circumspect as to be obscure in meaning, or so blunt and specific as to excite umbrage or bad feeling. The latter is certainly not good for the person reading the blog, as it might spoil their whole day. Well, it they are criminals that might be good... *ponders this situation*

    Thanks about the header pic. It's a beautiful view from there and no longer available. The cliff is too crumbly to allow people out on it now. I tried to show a friend the exact place when she and her hubby came out to Cal but that area is off limits now.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..