"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, January 14, 2008

Tea Cosy from the 80's

 
In the late 80's, some friends and I noodled this cozy pattern out from a cozy that one of them purchased in Ireland, and I've never found a pattern for it on the web until today. That pattern is different in that the woman who created it from an old 1940's publication does a sort of checkerboard pattern with the two yarns.

This is the link to her pattern HERE

This makes a great, warm hat, too, but it's a bit inflexible. My kids used theirs for hats.

I will put up the pattern for mine in a few days once I get it orderly. It's a scribbled job. I'll let you see what I'm dealing with by posting the original. How we did this, from just the original cozy, I'll never know. Right now I have to go rescue my Man. Tata! Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. The tea cozy is so adorable. I want to make one too! found you on ravelry, how could I not come and find out more? I'll keep you in my favorites

    maryskid on ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your visit, Maryskid. Isn't Ravelry something?

    I hope the pattern works, now that it's up there. I've got the Shivers of Dread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..