"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Fill in... Knitting blah blah.

1. Ah, me...Friday already?
2. Healing the heart is what's on my mind the most, lately.
3. When I talk to my best friend, we concentrate on the words of Wise men from the past.
4. Nature and being out in it is what's working for me lately.
5. I recently saw a beautiful little bird called a Lawrence's Gold Finch in our garden.
6. Since I've only seen one of these birds twice in my life, it fills me with joy!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having fun with friends, tomorrow my plans include shopping for a special pattern and Sunday, I want to work in the Garden a little bit!

The knitting report.  The KAL starts on May 1st.  I'll also do ten minutes a day on the other WIPs, so that the patterns will stay fresh in my mind.  Two of them are a little complicated - the Pi Shawl and the Aran Sweater.  I usually do not quit in anything, but these had me stalled.  fran's ten minute rule has worked before, and I bet that it will again.  I will update here and in the forums.

Tomorrow I go see my sister and will take some more cookies for a nice tea and a chin wag.  I'm going to make her a picture record of all the roses in her complex, so that she will know them when they bloom.  The gardeners there do the best they can but I will also help her to keep them trimmed and such.  We both love roses so much that it will be a pleasure.  She can take a chair out and sit while I prune them.

Life is good, and life is for loving.  There's just no other reason to be alive.  Time has proven that is true.  Mankind fails completely when they forget that riches are not the reason.  Love, and caring for others,are the best reasons for being alive.


Wild birds need wild foods, so we provide them during migration
This photo shows one of the reasons we have so many bird species visiting the garden.  When we change this during the summer, I will put out bird feeders for the finches and for the Orioles.  I'll also make sure they have two good sources of water well above the level of ground predators.   These native grasses are also good for our tortoises, though they do love the roses inordinately!  Of course, roses are like cake to them and very good for them, too.

Have a great weekend!  If you need rain, I hope that you get it!  We've gotten another rain storm and we desperately need to get out of this drought, so we are happy here in SoCal.  This storm could be headed your way any time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..