"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Galapagos Islands Post Office Barrel. Knitting jabber,Accidental Art #23

There is a "Post Office" barrel on one of the islands that's been in place since the mid 1700's.  'Tis a very cool tradition.  A friend of ours sent us a postcard from there when he went one year.  It was very exciting and a big surprise, since we had never expected to receive so sacred a card.

http://captainandclark.com/2011/09/05/post-office-bay-galapagos-a-dream-to-reality/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/28/AR2010012803677.html 

If I ever get to those Islands I will send a card to absolutely every one I know!

Knitting:  I'm having a terrible time with my knitting.  I think that I need a witch doctor to remove what must be a curse!  Then I will need a good Irish priest to bless it again, and all the work of my hands.  Making gauge while knitting in the pattern and IN the round is a tedious, and odious task!  Who every makes a gauge swatch that way?  Anyway, I've come down two needle sizes and just may have made the right gauge for Bon Bon mitts.  The JHR sock's no problem, it showed up for rehearsals and got it's lines right the very first time!

The newer cardi pattern came today, and when I first looked at it, I thought, OML that is crochet, and broke out in a sweat!  But it isn't.  It's Knit, lovely knit!  I really haven't got anything against crochet and actually like to make things in that needle art tradition, but not sweaters.  When I try them they can get out of hand pretty darn fast if I don't pay strict attention to EVERY freaking detail.

This cover sweater is for the purple linen yarn, for Elle. 
She saw it and said, "Like it? I'm in Love."






Accidental Art,  A rock portrait of sorts.  Very pretty lips and big eyes but a thin little nose, pressed to an apple vine rose.

Created by Mother Nature









She made it out of Mud, shells, and 500 million years of pressure and water sculpting.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..