"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Apricot Stardust, so far, and a cautionary tale about aliens..

I was abducted by aliens, that's actually more than a 3rd level Encounter.  This is the mother ship.. as I was being raised in the tractor beam I was able to take this snap on the camera phone.

Actually this is a rather pretty light fixture at the local We Fix Broken People Shop.
Earlier in the evening, the aliens took over my brain, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I have a few questions about my experience. Is activated Charcoal fattening?  Will the new pink pills ever be part of my life again? (Right now the only thing they have going for them is that they are a very delicate baby girl  pink.)
Wolfie's question: "Is the Woman just bat sheit crazy, or are all the things she does sort of normal for most human females?  The Man's Question.  "Is it catching?"  I  said to him, "If you mean Stupidity, no, it's not."

This is the promised knitting blah blah

Me and 25,000 other Ravelry knitters are making or have made this very nice cardigan.  Some have mods for about five small buttons in the front and I'm thinking I could do that instead of ties.  Ele will tell me soon enough which she prefers.  This is the back.

The Noro sweater body is nearly finished and would have been if not for the abduction, but it will have to be blocked.  DH will get me some truck liner interlocking pads for a blocking board.  I'm excited about all this, though my throat still hurts from efforts of self administered first aid.  lol

 Life!  If you don't laugh, then you just gotta cry.

I've said this ever since I got caught under a truck that flipped on it's side and semi smashed my legs when I was 12 or so.  People have endured worse.   

3 comments:

  1. At least it hasn't been boring. Right?
    Hang in there, young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Okay, you got me there! Thought for a second you WERE! (abducted that is) you know I share that motto...if you can't laugh/you'll cry! Hope things are looking up! whoa, what an accident! See, I'm soooooo glad you are in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something that flicked my long, witty comment to Kingdom Come. I will be brief because I suspect an unruly camel has taken over my brain.

    k, I just want to say, thank you! And no, it wasn't boring until I had to stay there under some sort of watch, as they had to make sure this thing WAS really an accident. I said to DH, "If I'd have wanted to off myself, I wouldn't have picked the little Pink pills, but the tiny white ones!

    PJ, you don't believe I was abducted? It sure felt like my brain was. lol I'm glad we share the tiny blue dot lifestyle of the apex species. Not that THAT amounts to a hill of beans, considering the size of this "rotting ball of rock". Thanks, Robert Frost. I'm glad we do, nonetheless! And things are looking up except that I had to rip out two days of drunken knitting (a roaring 40's headache) on the Apricot Cardi. sheesh. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Manly/Beastly!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..