"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Fill ins..and some flowers and a favorite song from my teens

1. I am happy because I have so much to do with my hands, have color vision, and so many earthlings to love!
2. Apricots, Peaches, grapes, tomatoes, and lettuces are my favorite summertime fruits and vegetables.
3. To help me be the happiest, just let me use my camera more.
4. Visiting my family is the one thing I want to do this summer more than anything!
5. Just the other day I was saying I wish I could still play my guitar and sing.
6. I think of it over and over again.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to playing games with my friends, tomorrow my plans include knitting as much as possible and reading blogs, and Sunday, I want to Knit even more!

She's dying and I can't save her.
So sad to lose a 39 year old rose.

~*~Pink Carnation~*~



This is the hardest thing to get a decent recording of from uploaded YouTube.    I loved this songwriter. 

2 comments:

  1. Carnations (first cousins plant wise to Sweet Williams) Used to be called "pinks"--not for their color, but for the "pinked edge" of the petals. (the zig zag edge (think of pinking shears!)

    the color pink comes from the plant "pinks" who's name came from the zig zag edging... and now days, no one every thinks of a zig zag edge as "pinked" (and wouldn't relate the petal edge with the shape--but with the color)

    some (non sewers) aren't even familiar with pinking shears (I confess--since I got a sewing machine that does zigzag stitch, i tend to bind my raw seam edges with a zig zag stitch, not with seam binding or with a pinking shears...

    PINK (zigzag edge) is a word to totally changed..(to pink --a color)that the old meaning is almost completely lost.
    (love the song and the trip down memory lane.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the song! And thank you for that very interesting information. I didn't know that the name for the color came from that. I do remember having a family friend, for years and years, who was named for that color. I think it was a knickname.

    Oh, I have pinking shears, and they are HUGE. I got them as a present to myself one year after having to "pink" so many edges of a wool for a coat with the smaller Wiss shears that I may still have. Gah! What a job!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..