"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Fill in, and more stuff

Friday Fill ins:

1. Seeing double is not that hard to do if you cross your eyes.
2. It's never going to get "stuck" that way no matter what Mother said.
3. According to science, it's really not possible.
4. As we age, we do get other eye problems though.
5. I associate double vision with one arm of my glasses being higher than the other one.
6. Long ago I did get sunburned retinas from floating submerged in a lake - just under the surface - and looking through up at the full sun.  Seemed OK at the time to an 11 year old.  I saw pink skies for at least a week!  How cool is that??? 
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to reading, tomorrow my plans include gardening and planting baby plants, and Sunday, I want to rest!

Today I went to fitness and gave the little Peace Bell to my trainer.  He's great.  We have a sort of Zen bond, and it's very cool.  I think I've survived this long because of both DH and my trainer.  I'm really too nervous to be alive, and they both possess the ability to talk me down out of my tree when I get stuck up in the branches.  It's an Art.

DH and I also went to my sister's house, and retrieved the plants that she baby sat.   Everything grew a foot and put out at least a dozen new leaves apiece!  You see, she fertilizes plants, I don't.  I guess I have this sort of Bonsai collection of plants that can survive drought after all the years of neglect.  Now that they are back home I will have to re-train them.   I'm glad they can't talk because they will tell all the others! 

I'm not knitting, but I did finally figure out how to re-fit my old clothes with new waistbands to go with my pillar like body.  There is not much else that can be done when you are 3 inches shorter than you were at 60.   At least I'm closer to the ground if I fall.

I leave you with Gnomes, Admiring Felt Mushrooms

 And a pine basket full of little felt penguins


I have spawned crafters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..