"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Matinee, "A Duckumentary" From PBS Nature

Sorry about that  commercial.  Goldman Sacs is a sponsor, so there is their obnoxious blurb to get through.  This can be a lesson in taking the good with the bad, eh?

Watch An Original DUCKumentary on PBS. See more from Nature.


Today is the Dear Heart's birthday so we are just taking it easy, mostly doing nothing.  It was hard enough to go shopping, get something wrapped, and get a card, all "under the radar", though I was sneaky enough to do it.  We don't do the cake thing anymore.  I don't bake now, and no one else has a cake that's small enough!  Besides, we aren't kids anymore -  if only.  I thought about unwrapping the rest of the Halloween candy, melting it, and pouring it all on top of a store bought pound cake but that just seemed gross.

Thanksgiving was lovely.  The weather was beautiful, we got to see portions of the four generations,  and we ate outside under an easy up and an umbrella in perfect late summer temperatures, all around the tables together.  It was sort of like being in Provence, or Tuscany, or maybe even in a scene from "Much Ado About Nothing".  Very fine, indeed! 

The little grand nieces received their colorful sock monkeys, and as I was telling them they could wear the earrings (made for the monkeys) themselves, I found that the girls had already been plotting to make off with those little ornaments for their own ears, ASAP. 

I didn't get the baby quilt finished but I'm hoping to do that in the next month if nature and my physiology will just co-operate.  Since the little girl it is for is now in the 6th grade, I am pretty embarrassed about this.  I said I would make her one when she was two years old.  In my defense, I am a flake.  Oh wait, that's no defense, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..