"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Stealing Time Keeps on Slippin'...






Time Keeps On Slippin'
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.
Let's go!!!


This comes from No-boba-Please!

Good Gad!  It's that time again!


1) Do you think Daylight Saving Time is still necessary?  For the sake of families with kiddies playing soccer, yes.  But for the rest of the world, I wish they'd leave it alone.  Midwestern kids being safer is another argument for it.  Well, maybe, but I'd rather it was left DST ALL the time.  No Switching!

2) How long does it take you to adjust to the time change? About four days,  This is because we move the dog's feeding time up or back by 15 minutes at mornings and evening. 

3) What's the hardest part of the time change?  Messing up my body's clock!  It was really tough when the kids were in school.

4) How many clocks are in your house?  We have nine clocks- actual clocks.  The appliance ones are extras..

5) Are you generally early, late, or on time? Generally we are on time. 


6) If an invitation to an event listed the time as 8-11pm, what time would you arrive? We'd be there as close to eight as possible.  It's polite, I think.

7) Do you wear a watch? Most of the time.  I don't like having to look around for a clock anywhere when I'm out.  Now that I have cell phone I don't wear a watch as much.

8) Have you ever glanced at the time and had to glance again because you didn't pay attention the first time?  No.  The only time I glance twice at a time piece is because I didn't believe it the first time!

9) Are most of your clocks digital or dial?  I have three analog watches and one digital. Most of the clocks are analog except the ones on appliances.

10) What does your alarm clock sound like? My own alarm has a teeny bleat that repeats until I shut it off.  DH's has such a loud buzz that I'd like to drown it in the ..ahem ... fixture.


11) Do you use the snooze feature on your alarm clock? Once mine goes off, I don't go back to sleep.  Well, I take that back.  I do use "snooze" when I'm on vacation and am worried I might miss out on something by going back to sleep.


12) Does clock ticking drive you nuts? At night, yes, it would.  Also, anything ticking would annoy me if it was loud.  However,  my bedside clock is one of the quietest little clocks I've ever had.  It ticks every two seconds.  It's old and I love it.  I've had it for 40 years at least. 

 

8 comments:

  1. It IS hard trying to explain the whole clock changing thing to pets! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so true, bookmammal. Wolfie was SO hungry this evening that he was dashing all around the house when I said, "Do you want to eat?"

      Delete
  2. Your header photo is lovely!

    I tend to wake up just before my alarm goes off, but I still hate my alarm clock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kwizgiver! I have to get them back out of storage and put them up in the house, and finish a wreath I was making last year... *hangs Head*. Alarm clocks were made to be hated. Have you seen the ones you can actually THROW?!! hehe

      Delete
  3. You just gave me flashbacks to the soccer field on those cold late afternoons after the time change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr! Wasn't that awful? Sometimes I was able to stay inside the car and bundle up with a book light and a book, but the poor kids and their dads (DH was a couch and referee) were out there trying to run constantly to stay warm!

      Delete
  4. I love that your bedside clock is 40 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's really considerate of you pet!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..