"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday shell sketch for Elle; Mystery Rock; Tort report: bits of knitting blah blah

This little bitty sea snail shell proved harder to sketch than I thought.




 But here it is, E.






I'm starting to get back some drawing mojo but not the skills it takes to do something that takes days.  I guess that comes with time.  Time also heals broken hearts and for that I'm grateful.  Art was always something I could go away with a sketchbook, a few pencils and my Collie, Shadow, and spend a day in the mountains around Forest Home and Oak Glen.  There were cattle up there and they do a lot of standing around, so easy subjects. hehe  There's a little bit of memory lane for ya.

Here's the mystery rock:

I think it's a 500 million year old piece of coral that I picked up somewhere along the way from "there" to "here".   It's probably off a roadway in the desert, since a lot of fossils from the layers in cuts for freeways end up as gravel and go to pave gravel roads in the desert.  Now that will give some unlucky Paleontologists something to ponder in the future!

Tort Report:  The little guys have been spending summer days, when it doesn't go over 90° outside, in their enclosure.  They now are protected by a completely enclosed pen.  They seem to like it out there and eat a lot of roses and leaves with their grass and dried grasses.  They need the dry grass for roughage, sort of the way we need our bran flakes. hehe

Knitting report: Ah.....Knitting -  the sock toe is straightened out but there are a few too many stitches on a couple of needles.  I've decided not to care a lot.   I don't care, I don't care, I don't care!  One of my feet is bigger than the other anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..