Into YouFind the Link up HERE
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Into You (2016)
... Because Cat suggested it. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this video, Ariana Grande and her boyfriend take off on a motorcycle. Are your trips usually carefully planned? Or would you prefer to just spontaneously get up and go?
We have done trips on the fly, like this last one. But usually we have a planned itinerary. Travel days, rest, travel days.
When Mr.Z retired, we took a trip all the way to the Oregon Border. I wish we'd go farther on the next trip, go all the way into Canada and see the Pacific Coast- all the way up, stopping wherever it suits us.
I'd love to see lost coast again, though you cannot take an RV down that road. It's forbidden for good reasons. To get there, we drove the Jeep over the coastal range, and a workman warned us, when we stopped to ask him directions, to beware of any logging truck because they basically played "King of the Road" on what was narrow and unpaved one most of the way.
2) As they ride through the desert, they pass several cacti. This makes Sam sad, since she had a potted cactus on her desk and managed to kill it in no time. Do you have luck with house plants?
I'm pretty good with house plants. Most of the time they live happily here.
3) This song mentions the appeal of acting "a little bit scandalous." Tell us about a time you were the subject of gossip.
I heard, through my daughters, some of the things they would say behind my back. These were the cheapest jeans a woman with two kids and a house payment could buy. Besides, they are still very "cool". I liked the way you can roll up the legs to your knees for swabbing the "deck" (your floors)!
4) Ariana's mother is an executive at a company that makes, among other things, alarm systems. Is your home protected by a security system?
A watch dog with BIG teeth. And, remember, "Smith and Wesson beats four aces."
5) Ariana has her own fragrance, "Ari," available at major department stores. When you're at the mall, do you accept the scent strips you're handed? Or do you say, "no, thank you."
I say, "No thank you." Too much of a good thing can be bad for you.
6) Ariana has said Mariah Carey is her "favorite human being on the planet" and her biggest musical influence. Who is your favorite female vocalist?
I don't have one. K.D. Lang and Ella comes close to being favorites, as does Beverly Sills, I'd say.
7) A big fan of horror movies, she admits Freddy Krueger of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies was her favorite growing up. Do you like scary movies?
Horror, no, scary Sci-Fi, yes. I do like Horror spoofs, but then all the spoofs are fun if they are well scripted.
8) She had a brief relationship with rapper Big Sean. Do you like rap music?
No, but if this Guy Rapped, I'd listen.
|The Source was whomever was covering his talk at|
The Paley Center for Media
9) Random question: Which kid were you in school -- Class Clown, Brain, Jock, Stoner, Cheerleader, Teacher's Pet?
I was probably a Brainy Jock. I mean as much as a female could be a jock in those days. This was the '50s and '60s after all.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!