"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Saturday 9, a little late in the day... Halloween!

Saturday 9: Tubular Bells (1973)


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you?
Yes, I have seen it.  And no.  Things like "No Country for Old Men" and "Pitch Black" scare me.

2) The Exorcist has been made into a TV series on Fox, premiering last month. Have you become a fan of any of the season's new shows?
Nope, sorry.  If commercial television EVER gets rid of commercials, I'll watch it maybe.  CBS has started it's own pay for view and I'll see what's on it.

3) "Tubular Bells" is a popular ringtone for both Android and iPhone. What's your ringtone?
I have about 30 or so different ringtones I use.  Everyone in favorites has their own.

4) As Halloween approaches, do you watch more scary shows and movies?
A few, but maybe not this year...And, by the way, really, scary happens all year and in real life.  Don't relax or you're done for!



5) Do you have any recurring nightmares?
Not that I remember.  I had a lovely dream last night about being a young expectant mother, married to a sweet and tall man with gorgeous brown eyes, and my little dog Jazzie was in it, too.  We had really lovely neighbors, too.

6) Have you carved a jack o' lantern this year?
We don't do the real ones anymore.  Although, with composters, it might make more sense now.  

7) Do you like the taste of pumpkin seeds?
I like pepitas, the salted kind that come from white pumpkins, and can be bought in health food stores.
SOURCE

8) What will the trick or treaters who knock on your door get?
We've gone to buying organic pops since last year.  I think the kids like them because they taste good, and a few of the moms have been very enthusiastic.  Perhaps because they can eat more of the tiny candy bars?  heehee, just kidding all you moms!  


  

9) A Halloween "let's pretend:" Back in the 1950s, a home in your neighborhood was the site of a gruesome murder/suicide. Relatives retained ownership of the house but declined to live there. During the ensuing decades, a legend grew: The tragic couple haunts the halls. Generations of schoolchildren insist they heard strange sounds and saw curtains often move mysteriously. Now the house is about to be demolished. A local charity is raising money by sponsoring a Halloween sleepover. Would you be willing to stay in this haunted house over night?
Well, that doesn't really sound so pretend to me, because it happens.

We used to live in a haunted house.  The "ghost" was the former owner who died there from liver cancer.  Her family had spread tons of herbicide on the ground to kill weeds and grass where they wanted plant trees.  At that time the dangers of the "product" had not been publicized by the company who made it.  

Anywho...I was telling another new neighbor that I thought the house had a ghost, and she told me about Grace, who appeared to be a very sweet ghost.  Her story is sad, really, and now I wonder if all the cancers in our family have come from living there in that poisoned yard for two years- as well as living for seven months down by the poisonous south end of the bay.  Heavy metals and all sorts of junk gets into tomatoes and other food stuffs you grow.   I've told this story before and would not be surprised if it's not in some literature somewhere by now.  

Isn't that what blogs are for?  Inspiration?  That's a fact, and it's not a Meow....not really, though purple is the best of colors for murder, yes?  Well, that and red.


SOURCE

Ciou!  Well, I'll be, that rhymes with Meow!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm. I thought I lived in a haunted house when I was young. The ghost would sit at the foot of my bed. My parents never believed me but I remain convinced someone was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until Grace, there was no ghost that I'm aware of but the cat and I both knew she was there.
      Im betting you did have a ghost who was maybe watching over you. From the sound of things that was a good thing, unless it got you into worse trouble.

      Delete
  2. In my household, 47% of meows mean, "Yes, a treat would be lovely." Which is distinct from being hungry.

    The story of Grace the Ghost is very sad. I'm glad you were so copacetic with sharing your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitties do love their treats! *smiles and nods* 47% is telling us that your kitties are very impressed with your treat selections. ;o)
      I did mourn for Grace. Something like that is just terribly unfair.
      I've loved ghosts ever since. Before, they were just sort of an eerie vib and then after she came into our life, they got a lot more "present". She was a very kind presence. We thought for awhile that she may have followed us here. Maybe this place has Native American ghosts. This was called "The Alta" by the Mexicans, who probably drove the Kumeyaay far back into the mountains. Maybe here we have Mexican Ghosts. Maybe they help me with the crosswords? ;o)
      I'd better get along to bed! I'm getting sillier by the minute.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..