The Icebreaker Questions
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser.
|We believe she's the author but...|
Cheers to all us Thieves!
Want to play along in this lovely weekly meme? Go HERE
1. Are you loud, outgoing or shy?
At "familia" gatherings, I'm shy and quiet. I've learned some hard lessons. I don't need the grief. With friends and some relatives, though, I'm confortable enough to be warm, vivacious and animated.
2. What’s coming up where you’ll see an old friend?
Darlin', most of my friends are dead and buried, sadly. And my #1. BFF is on the other side of the Earth. I'm a little worried about her because of where she lives.
Online friends are also very sweet to have. I'd like to trek to Missouri to see my other BFF#2 , who is always so much fun to be around!
3. Are you easy to get along with?
I think so, as I love to laugh and also really love people, even having just met them. Like most Mother Hen types, if you hurt my kids, you are banned from my Realm. Queen Hen's Rule!
4. Have you ever given up on someone, but then gone back to them?
Yes. Psycho Dad. Forgave it all, and then he did something unforgivable. God will work this out. It's beyond my abilities.
5. Who was the last person that you had a deep conversation with?
My neighbor and long time friend.
6. Are you okay with being in a big crowd?
Yes, unless there's a lot of anger around. Then I want to leave, as I'm prone to throwing bricks.
7. Do you believe in luck and/or miracles?
8. What good thing happened during the summer? (It’s good to think about summer when you are freezing your butt off in January.)
We all seem to have had a draconian summer/year. I was glad to see the backside of 2016.
9. Do you think there is life on other planets?
Yes, and I also believe that there are parallel universes. As in "the kingdom of Heaven is all around you but you perceive it not".
10. Who was your first crush on?
Richie Valens was my first Dream Boat.
11. What are your bad habits?
I'm a messy Arts and Crafter who tends to save just about any sort of paper/wood/ dried plant/stick/thread/bead or bug "for future use" I've got a dragon fly that was stuck in the grill of the Jeep that I want to "immortalize".
12. What’s your favorite part of your daily routine?
Getting up, finding beauty in something, and drinking tea, watching Netfix,laughing with DH- All good. I like that we are retired and, essentially, as free as the birds.
13. Other than your significant other, who are you most comfortable with?
I'm most relaxed around my daughters, my Lil Sis, and Bro, my nieces, and my younger SIL.
14. Has an ex ever told you that they regret breaking up?
Oddly in this fast paced world, I only have had one suitor. He hasn't left me despite my sometimes emotional reactions to animal cruelty, yadda yadda yadda.
15. Why should your celebrity crush drop everything to be with you?
Um, I have not idea. I don't like, and never have, "Celebrity". And to not put too fine a point on this, look where Celebrity worshiping has got us as a nation - 20 second attention spans and Bread and Circuses.
16. What would be the hardest to give up and why? Books. TV. Music.
Music, and that's because Music informs my chaotic brain, and it makes it orderly and gave me long range thinking.
17. Do you believe in second chances?
Yes, I very much do believe in it. Many people have completely turned their lives around after being given a second chance.
18. What would like to do next in your life?
Edit here: I really misread this question. I'm so focused on the NEXT life that I thought this said, ..."in your next life." Duh!
I want to play the Piano, Irish tin whistle, Concertina and the Guitar; I want to also be a Master Gardener, have and adopt children, and have a PhD in History.
I will let this stand but add: In this life I'm just living it and trying to look for beauty everywhere.
19. What’s the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
My MIL asked me did I want "a bunch of little "pikininis" running around" at my feet? I was shocked into silence. This was in a genteel conversation gone bad. It was about who I would accept as a marriage partner for any of my daughters. The question was about something in the news. What I said was that I didn't worry what color the man was that married my daughters, just as long as they provided for, and loved and cherished my girl, and the children.
Two female family members, in laws, climbed right up into my grill about it. One even ran off to shout at my husband. All this occurred while we were all three washing and drying dishes in the kitchen. I'm now even more sensitive about Bigotry and Racism. Now you all can see how my hackles where raised about Bigotry running rampant. It is abhorrent to say the least!
|C/o an Amnesty International mailing.|
And now for that song about In Laws....
20. What’s the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
That I had a natural kind of beauty. I've never forgotten it because I never thought I was, in any way, considered beautiful.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!
Peace & love-