"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Sunday Stealing: End of the Year Questions.


HAPPY NEW YEAR

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing originated on WTIT: The Blog with Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post.

Cheers to all of us thieves!


Please go HERE to join the meme...


End of Year Questions

1. What did you do last year that you had not done before? 
I barely made it.  How about you?

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?
I didn't and I won't and I may never do that again.  I'm beginning to live in the moment and frankly, that is the best place to be.

3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or become pregnant?  Or adopt?
No one I know did any of these three things.  Well one of the families adopted a little dog.  She's very sweet.

4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness/injury?
Not this year, no.

5. What places have you visited? 
Santa Cruz.  

6. Any new pets? Lost a pet?
No, but I’d like three 🐕   Happily, we didn't lose any pets.  We didn't need that to happen.

7. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)? 
I'll go with "Peace of Mind".

8. What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why? 
June 8th because that was Elle's birthday, and though we were all sad we went to her memorial and brought flowers, planted new plants, and we blew bubbles until Dusk closed in on us.  
*White Lilies for Elle*
A lady gardener who was there brought some of her lovely
White Roses and added them
to the vase.

9. What was your biggest achievement last year?
I'd say that breathing in and out and looking for Beauty was a big achievement... and it was enough for me.  No matter what the distance and time, it is never far enough, and as anyone whose been through it knows, it never closes, that chapter of your life.

10. Did you get sick or injured?
No

11. What was the best thing you bought? 
I'm sort of beyond buying much that I'd consider  a "best" item.  Maybe it was dinner out with the kids.  Yes, that sounds right to me.  The roof, though infinitely more expensive, was not something to be described as "best".  I'm happy to have it, though, to be honest, it has hardly done more than be drizzled on; it's still up there being very good at keeping out bugs and mice.

12. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, medical care, basic clothing, transportation and shelter)? 
My god, have you no shame?  I bought a one way plane ticket to Mars..

13. What song will always remind you of last year?  Doesn't have to be a song released last year.
The Title song to "Star Trek, Enterprise." It always brings tears to my eyes.



14. What do you wish you would have done more of?
I really wish I had done more knitting and walking and ignoring political train wrecks.  But, this is my country, and I feel for the innocent people who are going to go down over all this....

15. What do you wish you would have done less of?
I would say eating.  I need to get a handle on this thing.

16. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations?
I would recommend anything by Helen Reddy or Ann Murray.

17. What was the best book you read this year?  How many did you read?
The best book would be Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann.  
I've read about maybe 20 books last year, but probably more than that.  I don't keep track.

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently? 
I turned 75 and didn't feel much different than I have for the last five years.  Mr. Z and I went out and had some delicious pizza, a little wine, and a free dessert.  I won't tell anyone that it's my birthday if we go out again.  I can't be eating dessert in late December. lol

19. What political or social issue stirred you the most? 
Guess.  I can't believe that the people haven't risen up and snatched the voting system back out of the hands of the trash that rules us with it.  I can't believe it.  I'm sick that we have such an unworthy person sitting in the same room that Ike or Jimmy Carter sat in.  

20. Who was the most interesting new person you met?
I just don't meet new people anymore.  And so, that honor would go to Rosie.  She is an adorable little person..... of the four footed ones.

21. Describe how a relationship changed. 
I'm more tolerant of a person that I feel was the author of my family's unhappiness.

22. Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year?  How so?
No.  I am not.  I'll never be the same person I was 17 months ago.  I'm just driving myself through this and, really, who knows where it's going?  I certainly don't.  I used to believe in the American People.  That they basically had the same goals of  realizing the common good.  I know it's not so anymore.  Sure there were always jerks in it for themselves but basically we stood for something, collectively.  Freedom as we knew it was attainable for the world.  Now we are just the land of renewable warriors.  

23. Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain. 
Sobering, Emasculating, Tawdry.  That really doesn't need an explanation.  

24. How have people around you changed? 
Everyone I know is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

25. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts) 
I've learned that I'm a lot tougher than I thought I was.  I've learned that there is a whole other dimension to living on Earth.

26. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? What was your favorite thing you made? 
I haven't learned anything new.  Nor have I made anything this year.

27. What changed about your physical appearance? (Hair? Wrinkles? New makeup style? Etc) 
I've aged a lot.

28. What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?  (Some suggestions-family, travel, work, lifestyle, hobbies, pets, appearance)
I'm now nearly without any hope, but......My hope is that the justice department doesn't get emasculated... there's that word again.... and that it can get at the truth of Russia's involvement in tossing our election.   This is the future for our children, for their lives, their happiness and the core of their spirit.  

8 comments:

  1. That was a lovely way to remember your daughter's birthday. I hope it brought you some measure of peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did a little, Stacy. I had a brave face on, and also had a couple of Margaritas at dinner, so got through it with some amount of acceptance and gratitude that the kids are recovering even though, like us, it's slowly.

      Delete
  2. I gave you a shout-out on my Sunday Stealing for your Kitchner Stitch video--that was/is the easiest tutorial! :)

    Have hope, my friend. Have hope. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there.. :o) Thanks for that shout out! I'm glad that it makes that Procedure clearer. It's still the best I've seen.
      I'll try to keep the hope alive. I truly appreciate wish. xoxo back :o)

      Delete
  3. I agree with so much of what you said! And I loved the tribute to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have friends that are listening and watching this abomination, too. It makes my isolation in the hot RED dot of California state more bearable. Sometimes I have to think back to the Women's March on Washington, and the HUGE crowd here who turned out for it.
      She was a great kid and a truly good person, was Elle. Someday, you and your sons, and my daughter and I will be able to talk and laugh together. This I really do believe. I might have to be on the phone from Hell, to talk to mine, but I'll be able to talk to my friends and daughter.... lol

      Delete
  4. A land of renewable warriors. What a great line. I hope 2018 brings you that peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those good wishes. (((hugs)) and smiles... I really do need to stay in the present moment in order to find it.
      "The Land of Renewable Warriors". I think of it this way, sort of like nearly ANY African Nation that you can look at right now-though of course, not exactly in the same way, but closer than Americans realize.

      A little History: At the time that we were having the BIG remodel in 1975, a like minded worker and I had a convo about the way that the Military was taking over the whole economy. He said something about where would they get people to fight, and I said that if anything was a re-newable resource, it was soldiers. He thought about it and said that was right. They were then and are now. Unhappily, nothing substantial has changed in the intervening years. Pretty sad to have watched this so long and seen it get worse instead of better even after Vietnam.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..