"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Tea and (Questions) Sympathy.. Sunday stealing

This is from a questionnaire called "Tea and Q&A" that I found on SwapBot

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on the WTIT Blog with Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. 

Cheers to all of us thieves!

Tea and Q&A

1. What is your middle name and what is a middle name you'd rather have instead? Why?
I have no middle name.  But when I married, I took my grandfather's surname as a middle name.  So I have the one I want to keep.  And it's because, outside of my husband, my grandfather was the best man I've ever had in my personal life.

2. How would you spend $1MM (you have to spend every penny!)
I'd buy two houses, or rather put down payments on two houses, in Santa Cruz for my family to live in.  And believe me, it would take every penny to do it.

3. Yellow light - speed up or slow down??
For me, it's slow down.  You never know, do you, what person going the other way may just want to jump the red light to green thingie, do you?

4. What was the last movie you saw and what did you like/dislike about it?
The last movie I saw was "Prometheus".  I like some futuristic Sci-Fi, and this was one I liked.
Leslie Theron played a lead.  She was great.  Just the right amount of valor to be annoying, and rather chicken livered at the same time.  I loved the mechanical man.  Dislike?  It borrowed from other Sci-Fi films and brazenly.  Whole sets it seems.

5. If a movie was made about you, who would portray you in that movie?
Since my life is a B movie, it would have to be some faded "has been".  Let's see..... 
Can't think of just who that might be...  certainly not Meryl  Streep.  But she's the one I'd like to have the job.

6. What is the strangest thing you've eaten and what did it taste like?
I once picked a tiny fruit thing off a cactus in the San Diego Cactus garden, bit into it expecting a sweet taste,  and it was HOTTER than the HOBS OF HELL.  Ouch!

7. What color is your bathroom?
Both of them are green but different shades.  It's a crime that a color my hubby cannot see is my favorite one to look at inside (and out of) a house. Six rooms and the outside are all shades of green.  

8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, where would it be and why?
I'd go to the north pole with a group that operates an ecotourism to that area. Why?  Because it is disappearing, it's dying, and I'd like to see it before everything is gone.

9. What is your least favorite thing to cook?
I like baking the best.  I love to make bread ALL kinds of it.  I made all our bread until the twins were born, and then for special occasions after that,  for my family.  I used to make all our tortillas, though never corn ones.    

10. What is the dish you make that your family rolls their eyes at?
My kids liked everything I made, or so they told me.  But then, we had similar tastes and probably that accounts for it.

11. What are three things on your (kick) bucket list?
Number1 is to make a LOT (a literal TON) of short fingered gloves and booties for cancer patients.  Their hands and feet get so cold!  My daughter said, "forget the hats, there are plenty of hats, make those gloves you made me, and some booties."  She asked me to do this, and I set my heart and soul on accomplishing this with my stash.  I have nothing else on any bucket list anywhere.  I've become a total homebody.

12. How many skeins of yarn do you think you are currently hoarding?
About three of four hundred skeins.  I didn't count them up but there's a lot, and maybe likely there's even more.  I've given away a lot but now I'll knit them all up if I live long enough and don't go gaga.

13. Today is my birthday.  What virtual gift are you going to give me?
Since I can be a fairy godmother, I would give you happy dreams, and forever.

14. What is your favorite candy?
I love, LOVE chocolate covered nut candies.

15. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
I love sunrise.  I wish that I could see it on days that I've slept all night though.  And because?  Because it's beautiful, quiet and fresh...

16. If you could call in sick for a day, what would you do with the time?
I don't go to work, but if it's a day to do anything I want, I'd like to go bird watching.

17. How much did your last crafting run cost you?
I just bought two sets of 5 inch US5 Knitter's Pride Naturalz double pointed needles from WEBs for 17 bucks.  No local store had them.  What gives with that????

18. Can you play a musical instrument and if so, which one?
I used to play guitar, and now I try to play the Uke when I'm reminded that it's out there.....just waiting patiently for me to remember.... no, I don't sing along with it, just play it. My voice is now totally crappy.  
FROM THIS NUTTY PAGE


19. What is your least favorite craft that you still do? Why?
I never met a craft I didn't like.  Why?  Why would anyone waste time doing a craft they didn't like?  OH!  Here...  THE LINK  I found a site for people who hate crafting.. Moms no less.  She's a total NUT!


20. If you could have any job for just one day, what would it be and what would you do?
I'd like to take care of baby animals, especially the lemurs, at the zoo.  

If you'd like to see other answers or join in go HERE

10 comments:

  1. I want to put up a bird feeder outside of my office window but my husband insists it would be too much trouble for him to mow around. I think they'd be fun to watch, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are hummingbird feeders and other bird feeders that attach to a window. If it's on the window, just warn the bird of the glass, with stickers or a nice little grid like thing and you can bird watch from dawn to dusk without having to worry about the lawn not being mowed.
      I'd tell him how it would gladden your heart to be able to help them and to watch them.
      Birds have been the thing that's kept me sane over the years of troubling events. They are sort of eternal and lasting, though of course they are also fragile and declining in populations. Anything we can do to help them is a step to healing this sorry old world or ours, the one we created and the one that will kill everything air breathing thing on earth if we don't get suddenly lucky...

      Delete
  2. Before I knew what I liked for yarn, I bought all kinds. Now I have a couple of go-to brands. I have totes full of yarn! I need to stop buying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand this Kwizgiver. Totally... I will still occasionally fall for a sale at WEBs (the most recent was two years ago) or at my local yarn shop.
      Knitting has really made me happy, so I'm glad for the stash now that I don't have the money to buy a lot of yarn, and certainly not the indie dyers. Such a temptation!
      So, maybe if you could put away a little yarn money stash for sales or something in the future? Mine is mostly sock yarn and sweater yarn. I've stayed WELL away from jumbos, novelties, and lace yarns. I still want to make skunks and a few little novelty yarn animals. We could talk yarns all day! It would be fun!

      Delete
  3. That's a LOT of yarn! I think you're the first one I've come across that can beat my mom's stash.
    What a lovely tribute to your grandfather carrying on his name is!
    You said on my post that I'd like the Four Corners region. I am sure I would. I've spent time on the Navajo reservation on two separate occasions and absolutely loved it. I wanted to go to Four Corners, but it was too far from where we were staying for a day trip so I had to "settle" for Window Rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lot of yarn, and I'd be ashamed of it if I was normal. heehee
      My grandpa was such a perfect grandpa.
      Little music tale and a fish story:
      Grandpa was a very kind man. He sang and played the Guitar and we all sang folk and cowboy songs with him. And, one day he took all the grand kids and his younger kids fishing one early morning. I caught a little sunfish. It was towards the evening and we had to leave, so I was holding my little fish in my lap in the back of his pick-up, and he asked if I would like to let him put my amazing and glorious little fish into the cooler with the other ones. I said, "no, please, I want to hold him". So all the way back home - I was only four, and too tiny to know that it was dead - I talked to my little fish, and told him I'd put him back in the water as soon as we got there. I still love to fish, but it's something we just don't do anymore. Surf casting is the BEST!

      Delete
  4. P.S. I'm thinking Sophia Loren or Raquel Welsh to play you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. I wanted to tell you that if you haven't read the Tony Hillerman novels about the Navajo Nation, you're in for a treat. It will fit right into your memories because they are very authentic.
      Also want to say, Sophia Loren could probably play me, true. It would be fun to do the story boards for that movie! lol

      Delete
    2. I have read many of them! I keep my eyes open for others at used book sales, yard sales, etc., but they don't seem to turn up much these days. :(

      Delete
    3. I think they are enjoying a renaissance of sorts. They really are very good. I bought many of my hardbacks on Amazon used book sellers spots after waiting ages for them to come through the library system. My bro in law give me his paperbacks, so I could tote them around when we were traveling.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..