"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, July 27, 2018

Saturday 9: Love is all around... Don't Step in it!

Love is All Around..

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 

Saturday 9: Love Is All Around (1970)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Dear Readers:  Want to see other Saturday 9's?  Just go HERE
Go on.. go have a peek.  It's fun to read on a Saturday...

Also this has taken about four hours to perfect, so that's why I only do these two memes now.  Well, these and Wordless Wednesday... 

1) This week's song is the theme from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a sitcom that originally aired from 1970 to 1977. Were you a fan?
I watched it from time to time.  It was a nice show. Mary Tyler Moore was funny, and her writers were top notch!

2) The song tells us that Mary Richards can turn the world on with her smile. Yet the real-life Mary Tyler Moore said she was uncomfortable with her "wide mouth." If you could improve on one of your facial features, which would you choose? 
It's too late for me.  I mean, really. 
But then, I could start smoking Cuban Cigars,
and it wouldn't be the thing that kills me. Yes?
This image is supposedly from (the Infamous) Pinterest.

Ok.   I'll play nice. I'd like to get rid of the dreaded double chin(s)?
Double chins are no joke...
But, there is something called The French Facial, that all French women know about.  It is not the one that is shown HERE at The Cut.  That one is for clearing the glands in the head and it looks very promising for adenoidal misfits like me.


~The French Facial~
There are two exercises that I've used to ward off two problems over the years, but, unfortunately they have quit working for me.  (or maybe I just got plain lazy?  Mon Dieu!)
 Anyway, here goes....
1. Put your hands on your forehead and push back your head while resisting the push with your head and neck muscles.  
2. Put an index finger into both sides of your mouth and pull out with them while pursing your lips.  
Do ten reps of these two exercises, several times a day but don't overdo it!  You will wish you hadn't.  Oh yes, the muscles of your face can get sore.. 

3) We also hear that Mary can "take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile." What do you think makes a day "a nothing day?"
I'm not sure, having never had one.
To be honest, I don't have "nothing" days, and probably never did.  I was always busy with a family of six to look after, plus much volunteering, then after that, a business to run, even if it didn't go anywhere when Nixon opened the floodgates to China....
And Now, time is shorter than it's ever been, as every day and every minute counts even the 'living in the moment' ones where you center into your inner Solace....
  
4) Mary works in the newsroom at WJM. Her desk is neat as a pin. Are you neat? Or do you lean to the sloppy side?
I used to be very neat and tidy.  When the girls were all out of the nest. I started a business.  There was little time to keep things orderly.  I don't like disorder.  Though I love an organized and tidy house, right now I don't have one.  Oh,  it's organized but not neatly.  There's WAY too much stuff in it, and only a little tiny bit of energy in a day to get it completely finished or make improvements, like new paint.  And, the garden is also a big mess since the winter wind finally broke down the big patio cover.  Lots of dead plants now. Summer sun and Succulents, Bromeliads, and ferns just do not mix.
The Mother Dove sits patiently for her eggs to hatch.
They did, and the babies all fledged.
*Make picture Big..*

5) Mary's best friend, Rhoda, worked as a window dresser at Hempel's department store. What department store did you most recently shop at? What did you buy?
I haven't been in a department store in decades.  And that's way too long ago to remember what I bought.  My guess is that it was undergarments, at Sears, or even a Christmas pin at Macy's.
My sister and I used to go to Macy's every year to buy a Christmas pin.  Now, I get us each one, through Amazon sellers.  I really loved Macy's.  Heck it may still be there?  I can't remember.  

6) Mary Richards lived in Minneapolis. What city is nearest to where you are right now?
I live in a big city.  I wish I didn't have to, but there ya go...I still think we should have gotten out in the 60's just before we came south, when the getting was good.  But, Alas, we did not.
So, we bought our teeny little house and in a year or two, it had tripled in price but so had everything else here, anywhere on the coast.  I feel REAAAALY bad for the generations after us...

7) Originally the part of Mary Richards was written as a divorcee, but in 1970, there were no TV shows that centered around a divorced woman. Think about the women in your life. Are most of them married, divorced, single or widowed?
There are a lot of widows amongst our rockhound friends.  And in the family, most of the women have been divorced and then remarried, and some are still single and never married.  I'd say it's death and divorce that rule.

8) The MTM production company logo featured a mewing kitten. The cat was found in a Minneapolis shelter, and, after her sequence was shot, she was adopted by a crew member who named her Mimsie. What's the name of the last cat -- or dog or hamster or rabbit -- that you petted?
Wolfie.  He comes to be petted when I finally arise.  He and his daddy get up way too early for me.  I read until 12:30 or 1 in the morning so get up a couple hours later than they do.  Wolfie wants his breakfast at 4 am, but has to wait until 5. 

9) Random question -- Would you rather have a job that kept you seated on your fanny or standing on your feet?
The Fandango wins, at my age... well, to be honest, even when I was a little younger.  I've had several jobs that were standing ones.  They are killers.   So, sitting is fine as long as I could stand and stretch once in awhile.  Sitting at a desk for hours on end deforms the hip joints and leads to work related injury and, subsequently, to surgery. 



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend! 

12 comments:

  1. I am a "chinny" girl, too!

    Four hours! Wow. I appreciate the care you into responding. As Crazy Sam's #1 assistant, I can assure you that keeping Sat. 9 engaging can be a struggle at times. So it means a lot to me (and, I'm sure, to the father of our memes, Bud) that you remain so serious about it. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful meme, Gal. And I truly enjoy doing it.
      The problem is just that my mind races and connects a lot of junk toghether that I may type in, and then I'll go do something else for a little while, like wander through a room and pick up things to sort and be thinking, thinking all the time.
      And so, I'll come back in here to the computer to re--arrange everything yet again. This time it was a reference to the Timothy Leary non lesson of dropping out and tuning in, such an asinine legacy to leave an already failing world with, and connecting that to a Moody Blues tune, etc., etc., ad nauseam.
      Then, I'll nine times out of ten, just chucked it all out and started again.

      Delete
  2. The facial muscles certainly can get sore and tired. I remember the photo session after our wedding...the smiling and posing went on for a very long time and my face was TIRED! It sounds funny when you say summer and succulents don't mix because that's when we do put the succulents out. I never thought I would, but I miss those jobs where I stood all day. I'd love to be able to do that again (the standing not the jobs).
    Have a great day, Zip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you know first hand how facial muscles can get fatigue? Long photo takes came to mind when I was typing that out, and you've just proven it!
      Summer sun doesn't mix with succulents and the other plants. The shade patio was HUGE and I have/had a lot of plants under mine. It's not the heat but the sun itself that's killing my plants. It looked like a lovely jungle under there. But not anymore.
      The job thing. As a kid, and really up until I got really sick when I was 40 or so, I could be on my feet almost all the time, and was. After that, no. I agree, neither is good for a aging body, full time. Hope you have a nice weekend with summer evenings that are sweet and have beautiful sunsets.

      Delete
  3. My do nothing day was standing in line at the DMV all day for a new driver license.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Diana, that's a seriously long time in line.
      I remember the days like that.
      Hopefully, once you have it, you won't have to stand in line for the renewal. Mostly,now, we get to re-new by mail. Our state may or may not still give appointments. Those were a lot nicer, too.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well, Yay, then! We could start an online drive to gain some respect for double chins. Ha!

      Delete
  5. I'll just wear a pony tail when I want to pull things into place. I am not a chinX5 fan either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you are an adherent to the Siamese Ponytail Solution to double chins, are you? You pull your hair back and up so tightly that you look like you have oriental eyes? ;o) I can dig it.

      Delete
  6. I wonder how many of us sat there doing those facial muscle exercises? I know I did! Ha. They would be good ones to incorporate. I shall have to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them because they work... but I just got a little lazy. They seem help to me firm up my wings on the upper arms, too, but not as effectively. ;o)

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..